network question

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

network question

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I have a zdoom network question. I am currently trying to set up a two player coop game. I was previously able to do this using the -host and -join commands and the computers were connected through a router. We recently moved and I am no longer using the router, but have the computers directly connected through crossover ethernet. The computers can see each other. I can ping them in the command line and they can file share, etc but now when we start the game it just hangs at the waiting for players screen on the host and trying to connect on the second computer. I have searched through the topics and the faq, but maybe I am just missing something as I am not very networking savvy. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Re: network question

Post by Guest »

Thanks to everyone who took a look at this. I did eventually figure out what the issue was. For whatever reason the wireless network was interfering with the local area connection. I just had to disable the wireless connection to make it work again. Maybe this can help someone else with the same problem or if someone knows a different solution since disabling the wireless every time is not very convenient. Thanks again!

Return to “Technical Issues”