GZDoom has become extremly laggy

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: Developers

Re: GZDoom has become extremly laggy

Postby Xim » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:50 pm

I ran QZDoom and it works fine. It actually works and looks better than when I had GZDoom working, so I might just have to use that (might not be able to run some mods though, like Blade of Agony). But yeah I haven't tried too many other games. Runescape is actually having problems now too, it was working but now there are models that are completely black and I had to turn terrain blending on and off.
Xim

Postby Rachael » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Question: What happens when you rename GZDoom.exe to something else, like QZDoom.exe, without it actually being QZDoom?

I suspect there may be some driver-enforced compatibility settings being enforced that don't make sense.
Rachael
QZDoom + Webmaster

Postby Xim » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Well, gosh-darn-it you're right because that actually worked. Never would have thought of that.

That actually fixed everything, even running ZDL! :D
Xim

Postby Graf Zahl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:15 am

Maybe that's the cause for a few other recent problems. If a driver checks an executable's name but said program changes how it works (and 3.5.0 did that!) it may cause all sorts of weird issues.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom Developer

Previous

Return to Technical Issues