GZDoom 3.3.2: Dual screens, GZDoom only uses portrait screen

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

GZDoom 3.3.2: Dual screens, GZDoom only uses portrait screen

Post by Guest »

Hey guys,

I have a dual monitor setup, with one monitor in a standard landscape orientation and one portrait. Whenever I run GZDoom, it always seems to want to display on the portrait screen. All of the screen resolutions listed under Options > Set Video Mode are the portrait equivalents (e.g. 768 x 1024), and if I enable fullscreen mode, it displays on the 2nd monitor. I can't seem to get GZDoom to recognise or use my primary monitor.
- I've swapped over the monitor cables on my graphics card; same thing happens
- I've set the landscape monitor as my primary monitor in Windows (I'm running Windows 10)
- I've ensured the landscape monitor is identified as monitor 1 in Windows' display options; the same thing happens whether it's monitor 1 or 2

Am I missing an option somewhere to tell GZDoom which monitor to use? I've had a look through the options, my GZDoom ini file, checked the forums here and on Doomworld, searched Google, but haven't been able to find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated :)
jpalomo

Re: GZDoom 3.3.2: Dual screens, GZDoom only uses portrait sc

Post by jpalomo »

vid_adapter is the CVar you are looking for. You can use vid_listadapters to find which display is the right one. I think you will need to change it in the ini or on startup. I don't remember if it works while you are already in-game.

Re: GZDoom 3.3.2: Dual screens, GZDoom only uses portrait sc

Post by Guest »

Thanks jpalomo, that worked perfectly :) Really appreciate your help!

Return to “Technical Issues”