Brand New to Zlaunch

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I wondered that. Just remove the -warp bit from the command line maybe?
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

Most launchers don't give that kind of flexibility. They'll put -warp there anyway to bring you to the first map.
Tai

Post by Tai »

cutmanmike wrote:I wondered that. Just remove the -warp bit from the command line maybe?
Good Idea. I'm playing now, so let me try that.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Tai wrote:How do I get to see the title screen of a wad when I launch it with Unleashed instead of being warped directly to a level?
  • I see absolutely no difference in starting ZDoom with either UNLEASHED or a bat file.
    The title screen is shown but goes by so quickly, that it is difficult to realize it.
    Regardless of which level I choose.

If, however, I load a pwad with a custom titlepic, then it is shown for several seconds.
    Again, when starting ZDoom using both methods.
Tai

Post by Tai »

Kappes Buur wrote:.
Tai wrote:How do I get to see the title screen of a wad when I launch it with Unleashed instead of being warped directly to a level?
  • I see absolutely no difference in starting ZDoom with either UNLEASHED or a bat file.
    The title screen is shown but goes by so quickly, that it is difficult to realize it.
    Regardless of which level I choose.

If, however, I load a pwad with a custom titlepic, then it is shown for several seconds.
    Again, when starting ZDoom using both methods.

Because some authors change the title screen, and presumably the music on it as well! and I wanna see and hear both!! That's why! :D
doomer

Post by doomer »

I don't see why you dislike Unleashed. It works fine and does not crash. ZDLaunch was good but it is from 1999 and it really can't start a network game properly with the new zdoom versions. I tried and tried and zdlaunch just crashes when I try to play a multiplayer game. Unleashed on the other hand is more recent and I think the author did a great job. It works fine for me. And you shouldn't say things like "the unleashed disease spreads". Yes, it generates a bat file but isn't it more comfortable than typing it yourself? Moreover, I can't find the command line parameters for zdoom or I just can't find the documentation, might be my fault but the documentation of v1.22 is too scarce. Zdoom author, don't take offence, your port is still the best doom source port for me. :)
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Personally, I'd rather make my own batch files. :P

Return to “Networking”