Brutal Doom, GZDoom, and Hamachi.

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules
GameSprite

Brutal Doom GZDoom and Hamachi.

Post by GameSprite »

My dad and I are trying to get GZDoom to connect over Hamachi, but we're having zero luck.

When he hosts and I try to join, his computer sees that I've connected and sends out the 'game start' message. My computer never receives that message and just says "Contacting Host" forever.

If I try to host, I don't even get his connection.

I've turned off my firewall, but I honestly have no idea why the game isn't connecting. Here's my batch file:

gzdoom bd21RC8.pk3 -join 25.11.17.203
GameSprite

Brutal Doom, GZDoom, and Hamachi.

Post by GameSprite »

I'm trying to play Brutal Doom over Hamachi with my dad. He's hosting. On his end, it recognizes that I'm trying to connect and sends out the game ready signal or whatever. On my end, it just says "Contacting Host" forever. I've turned off my firewall, but I don't know what the problem is. Any help?
GameSprite

Re: Brutal Doom, GZDoom, and Hamachi.

Post by GameSprite »

Well I never did get it working through Hamachi. I think it had something to do with the fact that our connection was 'tunneled' instead of 'direct'. Probably has something to do with the fact that I'm using my phone as a hotspot.

We did, however, manage to get it to work through his public IP through port forwarding. So that's good.

Return to “Networking”