LAN with Multiple ZDoom Windows?

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules
edward850

Re: LAN with Multiple ZDoom Windows?

Post by edward850 »

GooberMan wrote:Alternately, XInputEnable might be called on focus/defocus by ZDoom somewhere.
Sure enough, in FXInputManager::WndProcHook. Hmm, if all it takes is perhaps a -neveridle parameter and some checks to make sure window focus is never checked or something like that, I might consider throwing this in. There also needs to be restrictions on which controller is interfaced (because at the moment, all controllers are technically valid), but that shouldn't be too hard to add.
GooberMan

Re: LAN with Multiple ZDoom Windows?

Post by GooberMan »

Should just be a matter of an options menu that selects which controller you're using. Be aware though that if you're trying to do it in a generic manner that it might be difficult. I picked up a 360 wireless receiver the other day for that code I mentioned, and both XInput and DirectInput provide identical information with all their query functions for each connected controller. Append the controller index to the name for XInput devices should work just well for ZDoom's purposes, but I need to dig far deeper for what I was looking at.

Return to “Networking”