Page 1 of 1

Where to play online? LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:32 pm
by TheDoomGuy
Does anyone actually play ZDoom/Skulltag online? Doesn't seem like it exists anywhere... unless I'm missing something.

Re: Where to play online? LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:08 am
by Tapwave
TheDoomGuy wrote:Does anyone actually play ZDoom/Skulltag online?

I am rather rarely on Skulltag, i have a huge preference for Coop/Invasion, which seem to be rather unpopulated compared to deathmatch.
Also my doomseeker is fucky.

Re: Where to play online? LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:30 pm
by TheDoomGuy
terranova wrote:
TheDoomGuy wrote:Does anyone actually play ZDoom/Skulltag online?

I am rather rarely on Skulltag, i have a huge preference for Coop/Invasion, which seem to be rather unpopulated compared to deathmatch.
Also my doomseeker is fucky.


Exactly. I'm inexplicably banned from DoomSeeker. There is absolutely no reason for this, as I've only played a few games on it and I rarely spoke... I generally just played the damn game. Even when I did have access, though, activity was sparse at best.

I'm just itching to play some Coop or Invasion...

Re: Where to play online? LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:37 pm
by wildweasel
You were probably caught in a large IP range ban intended for someone else. This happens more frequently than I'm comfortable with. I think there are some Skulltag staff that appear on ZDoom's forums so I think maybe you should ask them.

Re: Where to play online? LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:45 pm
by Tapwave
I dunno, maybe we should make a matchmaking thread? Planify multiplayer events or something?

Re: Where to play online? LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:51 pm
by TheDoomGuy
wildweasel wrote:You were probably caught in a large IP range ban intended for someone else. This happens more frequently than I'm comfortable with. I think there are some Skulltag staff that appear on ZDoom's forums so I think maybe you should ask them.


Oh, that explains it. Hmm... maybe I'll find someone. :o

terranova wrote:I dunno, maybe we should make a matchmaking thread? Planify multiplayer events or something?


Not a bad call. :)

Re: Where to play online? LOL!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:09 am
by RV-007
There's Zdaemon, where a list of game servers are up. IDE (server browser [individual multiplayer source port not included]) helps out quite well with Skulltag.

Re: Where to play online? LOL!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:43 pm
by Tapwave
RV-007 wrote:There's Zdaemon, where a list of game servers are up. IDE (server browser [individual multiplayer source port not included]) helps out quite well with Skulltag.

Zdaemon is eh, and IDE doesn't work on my computer.

Re: Where to play online? LOL!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:41 pm
by Dynamo
wildweasel wrote:I think there are some Skulltag staff that appear on ZDoom's forums so I think maybe you should ask them.

Indeed. Anyone who is wrongfully banned on the skulltag master server can either contact me on IRC or PM me here. I don't administrate the master server directly but I can ask those who do.

Re: Where to play online? LOL!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:50 am
by RV-007
terranova wrote:
RV-007 wrote:There's Zdaemon, where a list of game servers are up. IDE (server browser [individual multiplayer source port not included]) helps out quite well with Skulltag.

Zdaemon is eh, and IDE doesn't work on my computer.


I mention Zdaemon b/c that works quite well w/ the Windows 2000 OS, but I would still use IDE (also works for Win2k) to bypass the annoying (Zdaemon) account registeration. If IDE does not work, then write a feedback on http://doomutils.ucoz.com/index/0-3 or http://doomutils.ucoz.com/forum/ . Let the IDE staff know how they can help you resolve your IDE problem. I am not the McDonalds clerk ready to take your order.