Co-op mode over LAN and .pk3's

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules
Little Ted

Co-op mode over LAN and .pk3's

Post by Little Ted »

Hi guys...total forum noob here but I'll do my best to provide all the info required by anyone good enough to help. I'm trying to play co-op mode with my son over a LAN via a router. Both PCs are running Win7. We're using launcher ZDL 3.1a. Got zdoom 2.5.0.2508 and gzdoom 1.5.06, all the usual IWADs and some custom ones. As far as I can recall we've managed to get all the ones with .wad extension working OK but whenever we try one with a .pk3 extension it starts in the original game and not the custom one. They seem to work OK in single player on both machines. Any advice'd be greatly appreciated.
ChronoSeth

Re: Co-op mode over LAN and .pk3's

Post by ChronoSeth »

Have you tried using a batch file to launch the game?
Little Ted

Post by Little Ted »

I have.......an example of what I tried is "zdoom.exe -host 2 -IWAD doom.wad -file kdizd.pk3 +changemap Z1M1" on one machine and "zdoom.exe -join 192.168.1.100 -IWAD doom.wad -file kdizd.pk3" on the other....but it just starts in the original wad. Not at all sure if I've got my commands right but they do seem to at least join the same game.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Maybe +changemap is the problem - have you tried it with +map instead?
Little Ted

Post by Little Ted »

OK tried that....just get a message that I should use changemap as map is for single player only. Then it starts as usual in the original level 1.

Return to “Networking”