confused

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules

confused

Postby Zell » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:15 pm

what is networking? lol i know its what me and my dad did so i have high speed internet, but other then that i have no clue what netowrking zdoom is
Zell
:O ALIVE[again]

Postby Biff » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:53 am

Playing zdoom with more than one player requires networking. You have a choice of coop (cooperative) play or dm (deathmatch). Heh, someone should line up some deathmatch lessons for you. :p

One player has to be the host and starts zdoom with the -host n argument where n is the total number of players. Others start with -join (host name or ip address).
Biff
Caleb is back for a visit

how do you

Postby Anonymous » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:24 pm

how do you start a new multiplayer game i have my m8s IP adresses and they both have doom but I cant play against them. I have Doom I
Anonymous

Postby HotWax » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:02 pm

One computer (the server):

zdoom -host X

Where X is the total number of people playing. Add whatever other parameters you want to use afterward the -host command.

Other computer(s) (clients):

zdoom -join xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the host computer. You need not include any other parameters unless you're using custom files in which the same files need to be loaded in the same order.

Example:

Host:

zdoom -host 3 -file mywad.wad mydeh.deh -warp 22 -skill 4 -deathmatch -nomonsters

Clients:

zdoom -join 66.77.0.191 -file mywad.wad mydeh.deh
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby Biff » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:33 pm

If you are on modems you will probably need to use -dup 2 also for the game to run at normal speed.
Biff
Caleb is back for a visit

Postby Xaser » Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:50 pm

Better Solution: Doom Connector.
Xaser
anarchivist

Return to Networking