so far...we still cant add bots in dm?

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules
Anonymous

so far...we still cant add bots in dm?

Post by Anonymous »

i mean nobody can solve this...we all know that the bots.cfg are in zcajun folder and console type addbot not gonna work and the message is always: "couldn't spawn bot; no bot left in bots.cfg"

so nobody can solve this problem, can skulltag works?
Biff

Post by Biff »

I'm sure skulltag works fine, but so does zdoom. I just played bots for a few minutes with 53.cab. Have you made sure you have a bots.cfg file in the zcajun folder? Does the bots.cfg file have text in it like this?

{
name Hugne
aiming 67
perfection 50
reaction 70
isp 50
color "40 cf 00"
skin base
weaponpref 012385687
}

Made sure the zcajun folder is inside of the folder where you have zdoom installed. If you start zdoom with a shortcut, batch file or launcher, it may be running from a different folder than you think. If zdoom can "see" the bots.cfg file, when you lower the console before typing addbot, you should see a message like "16 bots read from bots.cfg". If you don't see that message, you don't have a proper bots.cfg file inside a zcajun folder, inside your zdoom folder.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

thx, but my bots.cfg are in right folder and right place, and i dun think it has text and i think it's emty, how do i put informatoin on the .cfg

how to edit the bots.cfg, notepad or what?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

nevermind, i open teh bots.cfg with notepad and find out there are text like this u described above but still it's still that message not "16 bots read from bots.cfg"

how about u upload ur bots.cfg to me so that my zdoom can play wiht bots? please
make sure no virus please
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Bots don't work in SkullTag yet. They won't be in until version 96. If you want bots you'll have to use ZDoom or a very very old version of SkullTag.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

nanami, i dun wanna use skulltag anymore, i want zdoom, but bots.cfg wont work ok.. how about u upload ur bots.cfg to me so taht zdoom can use bots
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Biff wrote:
Made sure the zcajun folder is inside of the folder where you have zdoom installed. If you start zdoom with a shortcut, batch file or launcher, it may be running from a different folder than you think. If zdoom can "see" the bots.cfg file, when you lower the console before typing addbot, you should see a message like "16 bots read from bots.cfg". If you don't see that message, you don't have a proper bots.cfg file inside a zcajun folder, inside your zdoom folder.
i AM, i told u, but i dun get the message "16 bots read from bots.cfg"
can u just upload ur bots.cfg to me please so i had better chance to work?
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

omg 1 tiem i haved a kitty and teh kity purd and maked like i tought my cell foam ware ringing n den theh kitrry died i wazs so sad :'( :'( :'(
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

? wtf?
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

wut u kan't reed? OMG U GIZ HIM KANT RADE!!!1
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Will you people STOP making fun of him already?! I know he sucks at typing/spelling/the English language in general, but that's no reason for everybody to go "lame" whenever he posts.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Yes there is. There is a very good reason. So that I can laugh at him.
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

Well, wildweasel, this guy made six posts on his one-page topic, 2 of which were in succession, demanding stuff. And even if language skills are not 1337 enough, look at X-Doom's posts, they make more sense and no one cracks on him, although his knowledge of English seems to be less than johnc753's. Also, I don't think people would mind as much if he didn't post the same thing redundantly and in a demanding manner. Now I can go to sleep.
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

He seems to be unable to grasp the things people tell him.

Also, I enjoy typing like a dum fuxxer.

Oh, and he's never on-topic.
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

OK, here goes. I will upload my bots.cfg so that john stops whining.
This bots.cfg DOES work fine with .53
It is zipped, just extract to your \zcajun folder and then add bots normally.
If that still doesn't work, you have done soemthing vile and terrible in your past life and no version of Zdoom will ever support bots for you.

Return to “Networking”