New Bug Tracking System Installed (Defunct)

Here, developers communicate stuff that does not go onto the main News section or the front page of the site.
[Dev Blog] [Development Builds] [Git Change Log] [GZDoom Github Repo]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: New Bug Tracking System Installed

Post by Rachael »

There's not much I can do about it. >_< It sounds like it's sending the wrong MIME type for the document it attaches to the email, itself, or your email reader doesn't support whatever it sends, but it's not something I can fix without going into the Mantis code, itself, and it's something I'd really prefer not to do.

Thing that upsets me about Mantis is they seem to do quite a lot of stuff being held together with twine and duct tape. It was Graf's first choice, though, if Graf would prefer to use a different tracker I am open to suggestions.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

It's probably worth pinging Torr to see if/how they solved similar issues for Zandronum's tracker.

Speaking of, I'm quite hoping that the Zandro-collab benefit Mantis brings to the table ought to outweigh its quirks.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

That was dropped. After spending 2 months waiting in limbo and not getting updates or communications from their webhosts I cut ties with them.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Edited first post. For requests, please put them on the tracker - it's what the zdoom.org project is there for.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Access denied.

Forgot to log in, lol. Won't work for non-registered users. Just sayin'.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Eruanna wrote:That was dropped. After spending 2 months waiting in limbo and not getting updates or communications from their webhosts I cut ties with them.
Well, that's a shame. That's the whole reason I switched sides to the Mantis camp. :<

Eh, it will still get better mileage than GitHub Issues would've, particularly with the dedicated fields for OS and Version and whatnot. My only troubles with it are cosmetic thus far.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Issues can still be moved between projects and I gave Zandy devs their own project, too, but with their tracker already fully functional they won't get much, if any use out of it, so I made it private for now.

I guess I should clarify what I meant. (Better late than never, eh? Ugh did I word that wrong before...) I didn't "cut ties" with them, in the truest sense of the phrase. I just terminated the tracker hosting deal, that's all. I still very much would like to work with Torr and his team with other issues and projects - and the lines of communication remain open as far as I am aware.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Eh, no worries. You made the right choice given the situation. At least hosting worked out on one of the two sides. ;)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Arghy double-post.

Can we add a note somewhere in the OP (or, better yet, on the tracker itself) warning users that they can't edit issues after they post them? That's a really weird Mantis thing that's gonna trip people up.

[In a past life I would have left a long string of bold expletives here at the lack of an absurdly-basic feature. Just use your imagination. :P ]
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I'll edit it in.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Speaking of editing things in, just refreshed the tracker and saw this:
Image.

Nice. :D

[EDIT] For anyone curious, that's Gravatar support, so if you set one up using the same e-mail address you're registered as on the tracker, it'll automagically appear.

Now I have to acknowledge the fact that I think the ZDoom forums are the only place* I use a different avatar than usual. Weird.

[*Maybe also Zandronum, but I haven't checked in a while]
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Uh, double post, but I just had a comment of mine eaten because the report got closed before I was able to click "submit" (apparently reporters can't comment on closed threads? That's no good.)

This case is particularly problematic because the close reason was "code it yourself" and I was literally trying to be helpful and post the code. x:
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Ugh. This tracker is going to take some getting used to, that's for damn sure.

As much as we'd like it to be like the forums, it's important to remember it is not a forum. I really wish it wasn't so static like the way it is now. :(

If it's any help - https://mantis.zdoom.org/doc/en-US/Admi ... index.html - I could always use help researching these issues and knowing what values to change, if they are available. It's a pretty big document so it's a lot to review.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Growing pains happen. Apologies for being a chronic worm can-opener. :P

I'm not really wanting to turn it into free-for-all-discussion-land, but IMO discussions about a topic are best left within the topic. Sometimes there's a bit of "why was this closed?" stuff, but if threads are auto-locked, folks will just open new ones to vent.

Posted a relevant report, BTW.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thank you for that Xaser. As a consequence it seems I was able to allow reporters to edit at least some of their own stuff. Can you test this, please?

Return to “Developer Blog”