New Bug Tracking System Installed (Defunct)

Here, developers communicate stuff that does not go onto the main News section or the front page of the site.
[Dev Blog] [Development Builds] [Git Change Log] [GZDoom Github Repo]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Alekv

Re: GZDoom-GPL (game engine for indies) - ZScript added!

Post by Alekv »

The fact that gzdoom does not produce any error .. just does not work correctly = (
I have a suggestion that something is broken in keyconf lump. Perhaps command "take itemname" dont work or/and "+forward", "-use" etc.
Here is a test level that reproduces one of the bugs. in the control settings in the bottom keysection Master.
If you click on one of the buttons is a bug which seemed to hide gzdoom.
I think it's worth checking player printinv inventory.
how to reproduce the bug:
https://goo.gl/gV2whQ

I write a bug here because I can not go to the site:
Spoiler:
ZZYZX

Re: New Bug Tracking System Installed

Post by ZZYZX »

Yes, Mantis generating broken HTML is quite horrible. Maybe edit the template so that it sends plaintext? I mean people already have to copy+paste, with plaintext it would at least work properly.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Just editing the template will not fix anything. The links are generated. And I am not going to do anything that would make the installation upgrade-incompatible, anyway.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I was poking around the MantisBT folder and found the config defaults file. Because of this, I was able to implement the extra statuses without disrupting any of the reports that were already in place. I don't remember what all was requested, and I can't find the post where someone did request it - but this is a perfect example of why everything needs to be on the tracker in the first place - it's more organized and I won't forget things when I do get to them. I also may have shamelessly stolen some of Zandronum's colors for it. I'm sure users who use both trackers anyway won't mind.

It is still a high priority for me to fix the email problem. I think ultimately what I am going to do is try to create a plugin that queries the phpBB database and will transfer an affected user's info over to the tracker if their login fails on the tracker, but succeeds on phpBB. Then disable Mantis's registration system entirely. If such a plugin is created, I am willing to share it so others can benefit from it (particularly the Zandronum team).

Again - I will reiterate, however - I absolutely refuse to modify core MantisBT files. Regardless of the need, I really would rather have an upgradeable tracker to fix its own bugs later on, than "just modify XXXXX so we can do YYYYY." I've had this experience with DRD Team on phpBB 3.0, and it ended up losing some of its features through successive upgrades due to this problem, and the features becoming more difficult to maintain. Not an experience I care to repeat.
sonic_HD87

Re: GZDoom-GPL (game engine for indies) - ZScript added!

Post by sonic_HD87 »

Alekv wrote:
Spoiler:
Try this temporal solution:

1.-Copy ALL the content of the email on the Notepad.
2.- Save it as .html file
3.- Open it with the browser.

Now the link should be functional.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

There's times when you can have convenience or functionality, but not both.

This is one of those times. :(

It seems like the BBCode plugin that I installed, in order to make it easier for people to use the tracker, was responsible for the broken emails. Because getting activation emails right now is more important than allowing people to use BBCodes, it has been disabled.

If you have any idea how to solve this, I am willing to implement it server-side. You can find the project here - it is open-source: https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/bbcode
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I must prefix this by saying I have no idea how this works, but in the file config.php there seems to be some option named "process_email". Have you checked that part? If this plugin processes all email text and is doing something wrong it may already be the explanation.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Actually - that fixed it.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

:)
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Added new "submission" category. This is meant for bugs and/or suggestions that you have already done the work for. This is intended mainly for code submissions, but when used in context of the website or any of its software you also have a step-by-step instruction for how to implement it (if its part has not already been Github'd elsewhere).

Keep in mind that submissions are far more likely to be accepted than regular suggestions - however, they are still by no means guaranteed and the same rules apply to them as they always have before.

(As a note - the site uses nginx for httpd, and PostGreSQL for its SQL services. Keep that in mind when describing implementation)
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Can you change the order of status options?

Currently 'on hold' is above 'needs review' and 'needs testing' which means that with the limited filter options I cannot set a filter that only masks out the stuff I do not want to be bothered with (i.e. 'resolved', 'closed' and 'on hold' - but not 'needs review' or 'needs testing'.)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Is there any way to enable some sort of "preview" button when posting a bug in the tracker (or have I just missed it)? Sometimes I want to check that I haven't messed things up/made typos when posting and I don't see a way of doing that before I submit the report.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Graf Zahl wrote:Can you change the order of status options?

Currently 'on hold' is above 'needs review' and 'needs testing' which means that with the limited filter options I cannot set a filter that only masks out the stuff I do not want to be bothered with (i.e. 'resolved', 'closed' and 'on hold' - but not 'needs review' or 'needs testing'.)
Done. Changes like this should not occur often. It does mess things up and I had to fix them - luckily there was not a lot to fix.
Enjay wrote:Is there any way to enable some sort of "preview" button when posting a bug in the tracker (or have I just missed it)? Sometimes I want to check that I haven't messed things up/made typos when posting and I don't see a way of doing that before I submit the report.
There isn't. :(
Nash

Post by Nash »

What's the expected procedure for user pull requests? Do I have to post to the Mantis in addition to the actual Github PR?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

That's up to Graf. However, I did add a category "Submission" on the tracker specifically for this purpose, if you want to have a greater chance of getting his attention with it. (He usually sees it just fine without extra notification though, so it may annoy him or he may prefer it, I don't know, he'll have to comment on that)

Return to “Developer Blog”