Official ZDoom Discord Server

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Official ZDoom Discord Server

Post by wildweasel »

Assassin of Purity wrote:I'm really different, I'm more calm. I would like to show you, but I can wait.
I don't think you're quite understanding what we've been telling you. You told us the same story the last time, but you still got banned again. I'm not going to let that happen another time. So no, you will remain banned.

If you'd been contributing anywhere else on the forum, and giving us any kind of example of the "different" behavior we could expect to see from you if we let you back on the Discord, maybe I'd consider it, but frankly, there's not much of that to go by - one-line replies to posts that don't really amount to much meaning. I think it says a lot that the majority of the posts I actually remember of yours are the ones in this topic complaining about being banned.
Assassin of Purity

Post by Assassin of Purity »

wildweasel wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:I'm really different, I'm more calm. I would like to show you, but I can wait.
I don't think you're quite understanding what we've been telling you. You told us the same story the last time, but you still got banned again. I'm not going to let that happen another time. So no, you will remain banned.

If you'd been contributing anywhere else on the forum, and giving us any kind of example of the "different" behavior we could expect to see from you if we let you back on the Discord, maybe I'd consider it, but frankly, there's not much of that to go by - one-line replies to posts that don't really amount to much meaning. I think it says a lot that the majority of the posts I actually remember of yours are the ones in this topic complaining about being banned.
Those complaints were months ago.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

You've been told "no" three times in the last day and are still persisting. I don't know what else to tell you, but it sure isn't going to be "yes."
Assassin of Purity

What can I help out in then?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Assassin of Purity wrote:What can I help out in then?
By accepting that you have been banned, and stop being a stubborn little gnit about it.

Sooner or later you're going to have to learn that you can't get away with every single one of your bad deeds with a half-assed apology. And at this point, even a good apology would not work since as Wildweasel pointed out - you've been banned once before. So don't bother.

This conversation is over. If you can't accept the fact that you fucked up and it will be some time yet before we are willing to reverse the decision, I am sure there are other ways we can help you understand what we mean when we say - "this punishment is sticking." Do you really want to find those out?
Assassin of Purity

Rachael wrote:
Assassin of Purity wrote:What can I help out in then?
By accepting that you have been banned, and stop being a stubborn little gnit about it.

Sooner or later you're going to have to learn that you can't get away with every single one of your bad deeds with a half-assed apology. And at this point, even a good apology would not work since as Wildweasel pointed out - you've been banned once before. So don't bother.

This conversation is over. If you can't accept the fact that you fucked up and it will be some time yet before we are willing to reverse the decision, I am sure there are other ways we can help you understand what we mean when we say - "this punishment is sticking." Do you really want to find those out?
I was going to ask that you don't bring me back, to forget about all of this. I changed my mind. Everyone makes mistakes. I've done idiotic ones. I might feel depressed, but that doesn't mean I'm selfish. I won't bother you again.
Uni-000

Post by Uni-000 »

Well Rachael and WildWeasel, I do apologize for my past actions when I was 13. You know, the being Rude and Horrible for no reason.

But now, I'm 14. And Times are changing...

Can I please come back to Apologize to everyone in there and get more comfortable with you people again?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Uni-000 wrote:Well Rachael and WildWeasel, I do apologize for my past actions when I was 13. You know, the being Rude and Horrible for no reason.

Can I please come back to Apologize to everyone in there and get more comfortable with you people again?
Frankly, I'm not sure the age difference accounts for much, considering I've had to disapprove some pretty hostile posts of yours on these very forums, in this very topic, as recently as July. I'd be more inclined to believe you're a changed person if you spent more time participating on the forums and demonstrating that you can handle yourself in public without embarrassing us.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I am inclined to agree with wildweasel here, for all the same reasoning he has expressed. I've seen some rather unsettling things in the moderator log recently under your name - I am willing to overlook it, but I really would like some evidence that I should.
Uni-000

Post by Uni-000 »

wildweasel wrote:
Uni-000 wrote:Well Rachael and WildWeasel, I do apologize for my past actions when I was 13. You know, the being Rude and Horrible for no reason.

Frankly, I'm not sure the age difference accounts for much, considering I've had to disapprove some pretty hostile posts of yours on these very forums, in this very topic, as recently as July. I'd be more inclined to believe you're a changed person if you spent more time participating on the forums and demonstrating that you can handle yourself in public without embarrassing us.

Fair enough.

Maybe, I’ll just start on the newborn baby threads and some popular ones for now.

EDIT: I would like to point out I'm not the most Active of People on here, mainly looking at other Websites, such as Youtube or Twitter.

I just want all of you to Remember that. Not asking to be Unbanned Quicker, just letting you know. Alright?
Torchere
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Torchere »

As soon as I have free time, I will come.
nebuchadnectar

Post by nebuchadnectar »

Not sure if this is where you would like this sort of post, I was just trying to clear up something on discord server. This morning I was banned from the discord server with no warning and no ban reason. I heard from no server staff so I am confused as to how I am suppose to address this. thanks
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

nebuchadnectar wrote:Not sure if this is where you would like this sort of post, I was just trying to clear up something on discord server. This morning I was banned from the discord server with no warning and no ban reason. I heard from no server staff so I am confused as to how I am suppose to address this. thanks
There was an extended discussion between you and at least one administrator about the nature of your posts in #absolute-rubbish, so don't go saying there was no warning. You were being a jerk, and when questioned about it, you doubled down on it.
nebuchadnectar

Post by nebuchadnectar »

Sorry, I was under the impression I was speaking to a modder. As for being a jerk I was defending my post as it was not targeting anyone in the server and silly in nature. I posted something in jest and was not the only one to do so. I got upset that people coming down on me did so not because they cared but simply to meddle, as that's how it felt. I did not continue posting such things. I was under the impression that channel was the place to post material like this, seeing coronavirus memes as of late and not hearing a peep on it.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

"Because I can" is not a valid mode of interacting with other people. Believe it or not, there are limits, and you breached them. Multiple other users (doesn't matter if they were moderators or not) said "dude, not cool", and instead of saying "sorry guys my bad" you said
Nebuchadnectar wrote:I thought this was discord not twitter
sorry
ill find you and your helicopter some tampex
I don't even want to start trying to unpack the implications of that last one but suffice to say it sounds like you browse gamersriseup and consider "owning snowflakes" to be a valid mode of social interaction. We don't want that here, because the server is not your personal shitting floor.

For the time being your ban will remain on the server. If you wish to participate in the ZDoom community in regards to mapping/modding/etc, then do it on this forum for now and we'll revisit Discord in the future. Respect other people if you want to stick around.

8-)

Return to “Rules and Forum Announcements”