Official ZDoom Discord Server

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.
Clownman

Re: Official ZDoom Discord Server

Post by Clownman »

I apologize for what I have done in the past constantly repeating myself and outright trying to see if people feel the same way, When ignored I have learned to just drop it rather than just drag things out. I’ve more or less have calmed down and have been refraining from ranting about my views of gaming on private chatrooms, opting to do it somewhere far away from here.

I’m moreso just inclined to join again wondering what content and spritework especially has been being uploaded while I was gone. Not everything is shared on the forum...
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

If I unban either of you it comes with a big caveat: If you get banned again, you're not coming back for a very long time...

Is that clear?
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Rachael wrote:If I unban either of you it comes with a big caveat: If you get banned again, you're not coming back for a very long time...

Is that clear?
Yes. I was going to also lurk more than anything, I am going to be concrete and sure not to slip up again. If I do, There's nobody else for me to blame but myself for my actions.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

I've been trying to get into the group, but for some reason, discord tells me that the group link is invalidated. and I have investigated possible causes, most likely I have been banned, although I have only entered two times to the group on previous occasions just to contact with a member.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Domero, It appears you were banned for repeatedly joining and leaving the server (five times that I see) without ever saying anything or introducing yourself, which if you'd have read the rules you would have known was required to get access to the other channels.

Rachael even warned you about this and yet you never responded.

8-)
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

for some reason i never received that message.
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Many apologies for not making anyone aware that I left. I'll be back. And I can wait until I get approved.
vitriolicv

Post by vitriolicv »

I got banned for, I think, unknowingly making Shadelight uncomfortable (or just annoying them?) by repeating a bad joke involving a furry meme and Bulgaria some months ago. I didn't try to appeal right away; I didn't think it was a big deal at the time, but I must have been missing some signs of annoyance or discomfort. I'm not sure what I can really *do* about this except try to read people better, but it's hard on the Internet. It wasn't "memeing" in general, because I didn't start that particular thing, just repeated it.

I miss y'all, though. Does Shadelight forgive me yet? :(
JadedLexi

Post by JadedLexi »

vitriolicv wrote:I got banned for, I think, unknowingly making Shadelight uncomfortable (or just annoying them?) by repeating a bad joke involving a furry meme and Bulgaria some months ago. I didn't try to appeal right away; I didn't think it was a big deal at the time, but I must have been missing some signs of annoyance or discomfort. I'm not sure what I can really *do* about this except try to read people better, but it's hard on the Internet. It wasn't "memeing" in general, because I didn't start that particular thing, just repeated it.

I miss y'all, though. Does Shadelight forgive me yet? :(
Thank you!! This brightened my day honestly. I do forgive you. I would like to point out that I am no longer a moderator here or there, though. You would have to take it up with somebody else. :) Thanks again, though!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I've gone ahead and removed the ban.

Vitriolicv - I would like to point out that before you got banned, you made some pretty bad comments. You're treading on thin ice, here, so please don't ruin your second chance.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

Jaded isn't a mod anymore?
JadedLexi

Post by JadedLexi »

Yep! Of my own voilition as well!
vitriolicv

Post by vitriolicv »

Rachael wrote:I've gone ahead and removed the ban.

Vitriolicv - I would like to point out that before you got banned, you made some pretty bad comments. You're treading on thin ice, here, so please don't ruin your second chance.
Would you mind filling me in, perhaps privately, as to what they were, and what the problem was? Sometimes I really do not understand what crosses the line, and I thought, at the time, that I was behaving within-pattern. Though this is just according to my recollection, and it's been quite a while. I'm not immune to bad behavior or negative impulses, but I have never once *intended* to be cruel or inconsiderate to anyone via Discord. It is always my intention to be considerate. I probably thought I was engaging in good humor with something and didn't understand how it would be interpreted. I would like to work toward better understanding how I have disrupted things and how it affects people, though.

JadedLexi wrote:Thank you!! This brightened my day honestly. I do forgive you. I would like to point out that I am no longer a moderator here or there, though. You would have to take it up with somebody else. :) Thanks again, though!
It was still pretty important to me that you be fine with this appeal personally.
Chocolate Fitz

Post by Chocolate Fitz »

Do excuse me but just half an hour ago I've been banned from the Discord server, and I would very much like to know why since I don't believe I've broken any rules nor have done anything severe, but if so I'd be thankful if we could discuss it.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Lately, we've been getting people testing the system for holes, and you are one such person. We're tired of it, and we're not going to put up with that anymore - not because "it's just me" (you're only one person) but because we've been getting one person, after another, after another, after another, after another, testing to see what we'll put up with.

Well the answer is - not much, anymore. We saw your white power symbol - and that's enough to justify this ban. We've seen this movie a thousand times before with many people before you, and we're not interested in continuing that. So no, you don't get another chance. Sorry.

Testing the rules is a direct violation of the rules, anyhow. You know what you did, we saw it, we're not interested in "talking this out" or arguing about it. You want to do shit like that? You can do it in other communities that are open to it. You're perfectly free to - in fact, I encourage you to make your own if you can't find one. But not our's. We're done with it. And that's all I have to say about it.

Return to “Rules and Forum Announcements”