"Execution could not continue" - Your ZDoom may be too old!

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: "Execution could not continue" - Your ZDoom may be too o

Post by Zenon »

Errors? Can't run that old mod? Your GZDoom or ZDoom may be too new!
Oof!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Zenon wrote:Errors? Can't run that old mod? Your GZDoom or ZDoom may be too new!
Oof!
And how exactly does this add anything?
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

A few mods have been broken recently by new updates
Thought it'd be worth informing any newcomers
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Zenon wrote:A few mods have been broken recently by new updates
Thought it'd be worth informing any newcomers
It may also be worth reporting to the mod's author and in the Bugs forum instead of making vague posts in a pin thread.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

This kind of FUD posts clearly help nobody. There's way to report problems, but some people really seem to get a rise from complaining and whining and therefore ensuring that the problem they can complain and whine about do not get fixed.

A few weeks someone over at Doomworld mentioned some map that doesn't work right in GZDoom - even when PMing the poster I did not get any useful information about what he complained, except more complaining.

Another good example is that sticky thread for "maps that require compatibility settings". But apparently nobody cares. Those who know about this keep quiet, often just to be able to complain from what I gather.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Graf Zahl wrote:Another good example is that sticky thread for "maps that require compatibility settings". But apparently nobody cares. Those who know about this keep quiet, often just to be able to complain from what I gather.
I only noticed the sticky yesterday. There's so many stickies and announcements all over the place that I have grown blind to such things.
BluSkies999

Post by BluSkies999 »

Hi guys, im kinda new to the whole ".wad" file thing, so I watched a bunch of tutorials to help me launch a doom wad file, but GZDoom keeps saying "fatal error" and that it cant detect any wads. in order to solve this, I moved the wads to the same directory as GZDoom, even changed the ini file, but it was still broken, so yet again I went to google for an answer. This time I installed ZDL but even that won't work. i have rechecked wether my GZDoom is the latest version, and it is. Help pls?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Hmm. Can you show us a screenshot of what all is in your gzdoom folder?
BluSkies999

Post by BluSkies999 »

wildweasel wrote:Hmm. Can you show us a screenshot of what all is in your gzdoom folder?
thanks for responding, but my impatience got me and I instead tried LZDoom, which worked, however whenever I try loading up FreeDoom phase 2 it keeps saying "map has no vertices".

also nice to see the mod team responding so quickly and politely after all these years of the community being a bit inactive
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

BluSkies999 wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Hmm. Can you show us a screenshot of what all is in your gzdoom folder?
thanks for responding, but my impatience got me and I instead tried LZDoom, which worked, however whenever I try loading up FreeDoom phase 2 it keeps saying "map has no vertices".

also nice to see the mod team responding so quickly and politely after all these years of the community being a bit inactive
Nevertheless, please share a screencap of your GZDoom folder.

The FreeDoom problem tells me that somewhere down the line you aren't loading up the assets properly.
y1nt

Post by y1nt »

i have the latest gzdoom, but i cant rename project brutality master.zip to .pk3, even though i have hide extensions for known files unchecked.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

y1nt wrote:i have the latest gzdoom, but i cant rename project brutality master.zip to .pk3, even though i have hide extensions for known files unchecked.
Is it giving you an error message?
Donowa

Post by Donowa »

If you can't run an older mod in the latest Zdoom, contact the developer of the mod and tell them to fix it.
In the meantime you can go to www.zdoom.org/news and download the last version you remember it working in.
ElRafaXD
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ElRafaXD »

My problem is this: I was trying to load a mod on GZDoom called gg_doom_god and my GZDoom just crashed in a very fatal error. It says:
(Access Violation - tried to read address 0000000000000028)
Here is the link to the mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-god/dow ... g-doom-god
Maybe is a problem of the mod but I don't know.
If someone knows the answer then PLEASE help me.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

If the window allows you to Save a Crash Report, do so, and upload the CrashReport.zip for somebody to look at.

Return to “Technical Issues”