Plants vs Demons

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MetroidJunkie

Re: Plants vs Demons

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Captain J wrote:well, if you say so. i won't keep making you working for a fan-game then. beside, those 3d graphics are tottaly amazing. that should be make this wad shine as jewel.

i'm so sorry if i was too much careful and personal, go ahead.
Don't get me wrong, I might evolve it into something more complex as I go but I certainly don't want to just copy the gameplay style of PvZ.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

unless following PvZ's gameplay, you can add more it's game's characters instead, so gotcha. i'll cheer up for you til it's done.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

MetroidJunkie wrote:Taggart found some seed packets and just rolled with it. That's why it's called Plants vs Demons.
Crazy Dave obviously went into the future and gave some of the seed packets to Doomguy, probably in exchange for tacos. A taste of the future.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

twinkieman93 wrote:Crazy Dave obviously went into the future and gave some of the seed packets to Doomguy, probably in exchange for tacos. A taste of the future.
He DOES have a time machine.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

MetroidJunkie wrote:
twinkieman93 wrote:Crazy Dave obviously went into the future and gave some of the seed packets to Doomguy, probably in exchange for tacos. A taste of the future.
He DOES have a time machine.
Like I said, it's obvious that's what happened. :3
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Well, someone on the PvZ Facebook page said the mod was hilarious so I guess I'm good to go for atleast the weapons. Guess I'll replace more weapons for now and work from there. I'm thinking the Cob Cannon for the Rocket Launcher, Fume Shroom for the Plasma Rifle, the Melon Pult for the Super Shotgun, and the Doom Shroom for the BFG 9000. What do you guys think?
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

Keep up dude, I can't say something about the "guns" couse I never played PvZ(Zombies and Plants in the same game...wat?), but I like RTS and TD's and Zwars bring a new experience, and a wave like defense I never've seen in doom so...keep up :D
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Added in code to replace virtually all the Doom enemies with copies that respond to Butter Pain, now the butter douses Lost Souls and kills them instantly and causes all other enemies to be stunned for a few seconds.

http://v5.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=30azwa0&s=5
Canofbacon

Post by Canofbacon »

Captain J wrote:those 3d graphics are tottaly amazing.
I agree. Good job.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Canofbacon wrote:
Captain J wrote:those 3d graphics are tottaly amazing.
I agree. Good job.
I'm glad you like them. :D

I added 2 more plants. The Bonk Choy replaces the fist and just wails on an enemy and the Fume Shroom replaces the plasma rifle, shooting moderately traveling fumes that pierce through multiple enemies.
Spoiler:
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

I'd suggest the Chomper being a melee one-hit kill that requires a cooldown time. Same goes with Tangleweeds (probably only on liquid surfaces?).

The Starfruit could be a SSG.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Jack Mackerel wrote:I'd suggest the Chomper being a melee one-hit kill that requires a cooldown time. Same goes with Tangleweeds (probably only on liquid surfaces?).

The Starfruit could be a SSG.
I'm not so sure about the Chomper, how do you give a weapon a cooldown stage where it remembers the cooldown if you switch to another plant and then back again? Or is your idea to force you to stick with the chomper until it's cooled down as a sort of consequence of its power? If I did do it, I'd probably adjust its damage so it needs 2 bites to kill a Spider Mastermind or a Cyberdemon since the one ingame needs two chomps to kill a Gargantuar.
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

Heh, you could replace powerups as well!

Speed powerup - Coffee Bean

Regeneration powerup - Sunflower

Terror powerup - Garlic :P

I wonder how many other ideas I can come up with.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

MetroidJunkie wrote:I'm not so sure about the Chomper, how do you give a weapon a cooldown stage where it remembers the cooldown if you switch to another plant and then back again? Or is your idea to force you to stick with the chomper until it's cooled down as a sort of consequence of its power? If I did do it, I'd probably adjust its damage so it needs 2 bites to kill a Spider Mastermind or a Cyberdemon since the one ingame needs two chomps to kill a Gargantuar.
Well, you could have it using its own ammo pool that regenerates while you have the weapon out, and once it gets to full ammo, it can take another bite. For an example of a weapon that regenerates its own ammo, go look at the Fist Redux weapon on Realm 667. It regenerates "ammo", presumably to represent stamina, when you're not punching or kicking.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

They're interesting ideas and I'll definitely take them into consideration. For now, though, here's the Melon Pult which will replace the Super Shotgun;

Of course, I'll have its melons inflict splash damage like in the game.

Ingame:
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”