[Pre-Alpha] Infinity Engine D&D Monsters v00

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
RV-007

[Pre-Alpha] Infinity Engine D&D Monsters v00

Post by RV-007 »

Hello everybody, I just want to have a copy lying around just in case something is about to destroy my project. Why were you asking? Well, I am dabbling into the arts of the Dungeons & Dragons genre, which is bound to be unpredictable in metaphors. I'll rite a serious introduction paragraph l8er.
Warning: Pre-Alpha means that all lumps are subject to have irrelevant things as I copy + paste and so on. Yes, those lumps might linger on for a while as well. I apologize 4 the inconvenience.

Infinity Engine D&D Monsters:
n/a
Infinity Engine D&D Skins (for the default DoomPlayer player class):
n/a
My suggested weapons wad to kill off monsters:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33973
Icon of Sin boss fight for doom2 (optional [might be more/less difficult]):
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31674
Gate Watcher boss fight for plutonia2 (optional [might be more/less difficult]):
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31715

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Notes + Standard:
Spoiler:
Last edited by RV-007 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:30 am, edited 22 times in total.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [Pre-Alpha] Infinity Engine D&D Monsters v00

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

What is the project? Is it a monster replacement mod? Please, post some screenshots.
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Yes, the project is a monster replacement mod. I will get to the screenshots, but I still need to manage the audio and get the coding finished (that means it isn't playable atm). A playable release will be done soon.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Please make your original post less irritating.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Well, that's a pretty annoying way to kick things off. Let's see if the wad itself is any better!

...well, that's a promising start. Well, no use sitting here. Let's dip right in...

Huh? Looks like nothing's changed. At all. I played a level or two and didn't see so much as an altered pixel. Weird. I must be missing something? Let me dip into the WAD itself and see what's there...

So, let's go through this treasure trove, shall we?

1.) So many empty header files, presumably to organize lumps that don't actually exist yet. PK3s, man! Learn them, love them! They have, like, folders and shit!
2.) No DECORATE code. At all. The only DECORATE lump is entirely commented out, and primarily consists of #includes for "Curses Scripts" that apparently involve tons of lumps that don't exist. If someone could kindly elucidate as to what Curses Scripts are, I'd be most grateful.
3.) The boxarts for Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, and the logo to Planescape. I don't know why.
4.) 832 sprites of a lady in a skimpy leprechaun costume (the one in the OP). These are all from an isometric top-down perspective, and thus would probably look really weird if they were ever implemented in any working actor.
5.) A MIDI file that plays over that wonderful TITLEPIC. It's not a BAD midi, but it's not especially interesting.
6.) A text file crediting a bunch of people for things that aren't in the WAD (including, predictably, a Marathon TC) and this:
+Story:
In some magical way, the forces and entities from Dungeon & Dragons universes ("Forgotten Realms" and "Planescape") or Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape game titles, made their presence known to this world!
They are now wrecking havoc.
They are looking to seize control over UAC's warp gate technology and make themselves @ home.
They also have D&D influences so beware!
Fortunately, there are benevolent entities willing to fight the overwhelming malevolent forces.
What are the odds?
One thing is for sure, get your fantasy freak on!

+Issues:
Tried to make some dug rocks (and later dug dust) w/ the skeleton dig in/out, but somehow, it eventually dies (no sounds for these two actor classes).
The mention of a skeleton in development makes me think that you simply never included 90% of the WAD (like, say, actual code so the game is changed) in the download. That's the only possibility I can come up with that paints this in a positive light.

So in short, I'm pretty sure you spent ten minutes on this. Please spend more than ten minutes on it. Thanks!
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

@Kinsie
I don't know about you, but image frame coordination is very difficult b/c it takes an artisan's eye to measure on what gets done (@ least 4 me).
And the images! The agony! Ok, no more complaints against critiques.

---

I got to half-baking the Annah actor class code. Nothing is yet replaced, but you can try out the console for testing purposes. Atm, I am 2 input more classes related to Annah + of course audio + dialogue.
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

I'm honestly not sure what this mod is supposed to be. Something something D&D, something about an Infinity Engine, and it's a monster replacement, which is pretty unspecific.

The version I downloaded has DECORATE and you can summon Annah and she... attacks you. So, it's progress?

Since TITLEPIC can be any resolution, I recommend finding a larger image and replacing it, if you must have the BioWare logo, which I recommend against, because it doesn't make any sense. Other than that, there's not much I can offer. On a side note, what music is that?

EDIT: Oh, this is interesting:
CREDITS lump wrote:v06+ requires Zdoomv2.6.1+ for A_RadiusGive.
v11+ requires Zdoomv2.7.0+ due to code updates (I didn't need to, but I thought this is a good enough project to maintain).
Are you holding back on us? :P
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Why does the C have writing under it?
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

The project is still pre-alpha so that means even the documentation is being developed @ the same time. I was trying to make a standard credits lump (that failed). Progress w/ this project sucks, that's all I can really say. I should state that in the op as a warning. The release after this post allows Annah to have audio. Dialogue included, but only for map01 (test).

I still have to make some changes in a new Missile state and find some attacks sounds. It might be done soon.
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

Are we supposed to run all the screenshots one after the other at high speed?
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Will the DECORATE include pointless actor flags and commented-out wiki links? Those are my favorites.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

RV-007 wrote:I was trying to make a standard credits lump (that failed).
o_O

How can you fail at making a credits lump?
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Those dancing letters give me memories from Doomworld. I think linguica posted those at me once.
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Ok, this release completes the Annah actor class. Completion includes tested attacks, dialogue that ranges from map01 - map32, and probably other stuff. And for topic presentation issue, I apologize for the mess. :lol:

I didn't expect too much fanfare due to my tendency of slowth. Keep on your pants!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”