DOOM II Soundtrack REDUX (WIP)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sebaravila

DOOM II Soundtrack REDUX (WIP)

Post by sebaravila »

Hi Guys!

I'm working on modern renditions of the DOOM II soundtrack, in the same vein as Andrew Hulshult's DOOM cover album. I've personally enjoyed many hours playing Doom mods, and I thought this would be the best way to give something back, by making the tracks free to download for anyone.

It's still a work in progress; so far I've done 'Into Sandy's City' and 'In The Dark', feel free to listen to them below:

Into Sandy's City:
Spoiler:
In The Dark:
Spoiler:
And finally here's the download link to both tracks: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1giZxTQ ... sp=sharing

Some Additional Notes:

1. I've written the tracks so that they seamlessly loop, thus avoiding a gap of silence when the track ends and starts up again.
2. Do not consider these to be the final versions of these songs, I will be going back and making adjustments as I continue to work on more songs.
3. The files available for download are lossless 24bit, 48khz WAV files. However if these files are too big, please let me know what the best audio format is suitable for your workflow.
4. I would love to hear your opinions, feedback and requests for any other songs!

Cheers guys and thank you!
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: DOOM II Soundtrack REDUX (WIP)

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Sweet! It looks like Andrew Hulshult no longer has the time to finish his cover album of Doom II, so your project is much welcome!
sebaravila

Post by sebaravila »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Sweet! It looks like Andrew Hulshult no longer has the time to finish his cover album of Doom II, so your project is much welcome!
Cheers mate, been having a lot of fun with it so far!
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Wow, these sound great! True head banging material right here, congratulations!
sebaravila

Post by sebaravila »

jdredalert wrote:Wow, these sound great! True head banging material right here, congratulations!
Thanks man! Nothing like some serious headbanging to go along with demon hunting
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Very interesting takes on the original tracks. I have always felt that Doom2's music was less inspired and less original than that of Doom but these tracks give it a new life and a modern spin.
sebaravila wrote:requests for any other songs!
I'd be interested to hear what you do with something that is less overtly metal-like in its original form and with a different tempo. D_ROMERO AKA "Waiting for Romero to Play" would be my suggestion.
sebaravila

DOOM II Soundtrack REDUX (WIP) - UPDATE

Post by sebaravila »

Hi there!

The next track to this ongoing project is up!

Thank you for the kind comments and encouragement, I've been having a blast writing these so far. Here is the download link to all the covers so far https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MeBzPF ... sp=sharing.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm covering the entire Doom II soundtrack and making it avilable for free toa nybody who'd like to make use of them.

Without further ado, here is Shawn's Got The Shotgun
Spoiler:
Cheers, and if you'd like the audio files in a different format (mp3, FLAC, etc) just let me know and I'll convert them.
sebaravila

Post by sebaravila »

Enjay wrote:Very interesting takes on the original tracks. I have always felt that Doom2's music was less inspired and less original than that of Doom but these tracks give it a new life and a modern spin.
sebaravila wrote:requests for any other songs!
I'd be interested to hear what you do with something that is less overtly metal-like in its original form and with a different tempo. D_ROMERO AKA "Waiting for Romero to Play" would be my suggestion.
Hey man, thanks a lot! Yeah I agree, Doom II's soundtrack is not as iconic as the original game's, but there are still some bangers on there.
Waiting for Romero is one that I think will be a challenge to cover, due to its stripped back nature. The fact that it's a blatant copy of Pantera's 'This Love' is also a problem, cos I don't want to just make a cover that ends up sounding like a real song that alrerady exists.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”