300 Pounds Sound Pack for Vanilla Doom

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

300 Pounds Sound Pack for Vanilla Doom

Postby Finder153 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:38 am

I've been using Per Kristian's sound pack for years now and the sound pack feels dated for me. A bunch of original, low-quality sounds remained intact, most noticeably the ZDoom-exclusive ones and mostly the fact their source materials are yet untraceable. There's even a sound caulking mod including the HQ sound pack and also making certain sounds use their own, mostly the enemies instead of reusing existing sounds, but some of them just sound inconsistent and the low-quality sounds added in the mod just don't mix well with the high-quality counterparts.

I've recently played mods by Kinsie and his modding team, 300 Pounds and they have cool high-quality sound design put into them. I gathered them from his random mods, used various sounds where it would fit best and the result was a nice and natural balance of modern sounds and classic Doom sounds entirely in crystal-clear quality replacing almost every Doom sound effect. I also wanted to make use of the caulking mod's benefits so enemies and other sound effects would sound fittingly unique too and it along with the unique sounds gave the original Doom a new fresh breath of air.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K6h2ap ... sp=sharing

There are 2 versions of this addon, the one with the SNDINFO for the unique sound effects and one without.
There's also a PK3 file for support with Doom 2 weapons in Final Doomer aswell!

You can check out the .txt file for where the sounds are taken from and as always, credits to Kinsie and his team for his amazing mods, the respective owners for the sounds used and Per Kristian Risvik for his awesome high-quality sound pack!
Finder153
Nuclear radiation is the least of my worries.

Discord: Panzermann11#6473
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches