Spoiler: More screenshotsScreenshots taken with Japanese Community Map Project, MAP17 (jpcp.wad)
This is a drop-in decal replacer for the stock GZDoom decals that:
1) are exactly the same dimensions as the stock decals
2) are done in an opaque pixel art style (this was a personal design choice; I simply prefer this style rather than the faded semi-transparent ones)
3) supports any blood color
4) three versions available - the main file has both blood and bullet chips, while the other files are "blood only" and a "bullet chip". Use only one version depending on your preference.
I often times play without mods but have this loaded just to make the art style consistent with the vanilla assets.
Currently scorches are left untouched... I can't figure out how to make them look good without the semi transparency render style of the stock ones, so I left them be.
Chuck this into your autoload for a minimalist decal replacer that aims to glue together decals with the pixel art aesthetic of the original games (remember, Doom did not have any translucency effects back in the day!).
- For the blood decals: GZDoom 4.4.2 required for the blood decals (it uses a decal render mode not available in previous versions).
- The bullet chips are compatible with any ZDoom/GZDoom version ever created.
- If you load an existing saved game with this added after-the-fact, the decals will look off. You can fix this by clearing all the decals in the level (by setting the "number of decals" slider in the Options menu to 0, and then back to what it previously was).
- For colorized blood, add CBLOOD Ultimate Edition into your load order.
- If you want this mod to work with Chex Quest, you must add CBLOOD Ultimate Edition to your load order. There is no other way to make this work gracefully with current features.
Wanna chat about my mods? Join my studio's Discord server, Mischief Donut!Credits and licensing info wrote: NashDecals v1.0
(C) 2020 Nash Muhandes
Blood decals drawn from scratch by me, Nash Muhandes
Bullet chip decals are edited from the ones inside gzdoom.pk3
I hereby license the blood decal graphics under Public Domain
I spend an uncountable amount of hours making mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon for cool benefits!