[WIP]Gothic Skins for Doom

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP]Gothic Skins for Doom

Postby Matt » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:20 pm

Just one minor issue: if I'm in a tight situation and my entire attention is on the monsters and surroundings, and my default weapon at that time is a shotgun, it's not immediately obvious to my peripheral vision if I had at some point since my last shot picked up a rocket launcher for the first time. (Fortunately I missed that point-blank imp and proceeded to die from something less humiliating that run)

Not sure how to change the RL sprite, or if this might be best left alone with a player cautioned to be more careful.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby HorrorMovieGuy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:47 pm

I think I could remedy that by taking the sprite and adding that aiming doohickey there at the top.

I think that could make it more distinct from the shotgun, but also still keep it clear that it is a grenade launcher, no?
HorrorMovieGuy
Witch cat that lives in the swamp

Postby Artman2004 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:52 pm

I wonder how progress of the gameplay mod is going?
Artman2004

Postby Matt » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:41 pm

I think the biggest issue is to break up the similar outline... adding the sights should do, though if the original sprite is higher resolution a slight change of perspective could work as well (and possibly better).
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby Doctrine Gamer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:59 pm

Your mod is well done, I like games with gothic theme.

Alternate Dark Ambient Music Pack perfectly matches the theme
https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... music-pack
Doctrine Gamer
Holger Danilchenko

Postby Deon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:19 pm

Thank you for this amazing collection.

I am working on a fantasy-styled map set (which starts outside and then turns into dungeon crawler) inspired by Diablo games.
These sprites fit PERFECTLY.

Here's a video if you are interested to share more people playing your collection in the main topic:

I have provided the link in my Youtube video description which sends people here. I am not doing the video for monetization purposes, I am doing it to bring people's interest to my future mapping (this is my first map) and to let more people know about this awesome collection.

Thank you again.
Deon

Postby Xim » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:12 am

This is great, I had an idea for a mod like this a while ago. Glad somebody came up with a good one like this.

Btw, any chance you could do the weapon name tags too in the language lump? I like playing with weapon and item tag displays on and seeing the old weapon names is a bit clashing.
Xim

Previous

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches