WidePix v1.3 [complete/final] - GZDoom 4.7.1

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

WidePix v1.3 [complete/final] - GZDoom 4.7.1

Post by Nash »

WidePix v1.3 is now shipped with GZDoom 4.7.1!

All officially-supported GZDoom games - Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Chex Quest, Hacx and Harmony - have widescreen support

Source port authors: there have been updates to the Doom graphics. Please update your copies!

These are released under a permissive license. Enjoy!

Wanna chat about my mods? Join my studio's Discord server, Mischief Donut!

I spend an uncountable amount of hours making mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon for cool benefits!
Last edited by Nash on Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:21 am, edited 21 times in total.
Nash

Re: [WIP] WidePix: 16:9/21:9 Graphics Replacement Project

Post by Nash »

Doom 1 titlepics done. I will not do one for the shareware version because according to the EULA (and if I'm reading the engine source right in GZDoom) you're not allowed to mod the shareware version.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Great that GZDoom finally allows this after the feature had been requested many times. Even better is that we have reliable and capable people who are already delivering the goods before they can even be used officially.

The new graphics are extremely well done and look like official releases. Let's finally go widescreen completely!

You will also do the intermission/episode ending screens for Doom, Doom II and Final Doom?
Nash

Post by Nash »

NightFright wrote:You will also do the intermission/episode ending screens for Doom, Doom II and Final Doom?
Yes that's the plan. The Doom games will be fully covered. Including No Rest For The Living and Sigil.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Very good work Nash, that looks official to me
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darkcrafter »

NightFright wrote:Great that GZDoom finally allows this after the feature had been requested many times. Even better is that we have reliable and capable people who are already delivering the goods before they can even be used officially.

The new graphics are extremely well done and look like official releases. Let's finally go widescreen completely!

You will also do the intermission/episode ending screens for Doom, Doom II and Final Doom?

Wow, how do I enable this feature?
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Nash wrote:Yes that's the plan. The Doom games will be fully covered. Including No Rest For The Living and Sigil.
NRFTL just uses stock Doom2 screens, correct?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

@Darkcrafter:
Guess you need to download the latest compiled GZD snapshot if you can't wait for an official release.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Scuba Steve wrote:
Nash wrote:Yes that's the plan. The Doom games will be fully covered. Including No Rest For The Living and Sigil.
NRFTL just uses stock Doom2 screens, correct?
Hmm you're right. Not sure why I was incorrectly remembering nerve.wad having custom screens. Still, the plan is to complete all the stock Doom games with this project!

EDIT: ACHKCHYUALLY!!! Knew I wasn't imagining things. Apparently the d2bfg version of the WAD has a lump called DMENUPIC.

Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

OK... so the original XBox release of NRFTL had no additional screens... but the BFG edition DID?!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Scuba Steve wrote:OK... so the original XBox release of NRFTL had no additional screens... but the BFG edition DID?!
Correct. The original XBox version only had additional levels and secret exits to get to them. Plus NRFTL. It was otherwise 100% identical to v1.9. No medkit changes. The graphic lumps still referenced Doom 1, even (it did not have the episode list for Doom 2/NRFTL).
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

So that image you posted is the intermission pic?

ZDoom automatically detects nerve.wad and changes the level patch lump names... does it do the same for this image?
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

I've been separately working on a high definition widescreen set of images... but I did have this when I was starting work on them...

Doom 2 Help
Doom 2 Interpic
Attachments
HELPdoom2.png
interpic.png
Last edited by Scuba Steve on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

@Scuba: that looks great. No sense in me repeating the work, when it has already been done - can I include that in my pack? I'll respect your decision if you say no. :)
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

The Unity version made a mockup titlepic for No Rest shown when selecting addons, but I don't know if there's currently a way to extract it, or if it would even be the right size for a titlepic if you did. The Eternity Engine's launcher also made a custom titlepic for D2BFG as a whole:

But yeah, they both use DMENUPIC as a base and could easily just be pasted onto a widescreen version of that.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”