Doom HD sprites (Not upscaled) Update 24.5. 2021

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doom HD sprites (Not upscaled) Update 24.5. 2021

Postby SamIam76 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:19 pm

Ok, got it to work with the textures to show up. Needed to delete qZDL.ini and restart everything again. That was the problem that "cache" had to be cleared first.
It seems that I also managed the reflecting issue on the new materials.

Thank you anyway for response.

Are there new sprites you plan to actually rework for Doom?
SamIam76

Postby Marcelus » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:54 am

SamIam76 wrote:Ok, got it to work with the textures to show up. Needed to delete qZDL.ini and restart everything again. That was the problem that "cache" had to be cleared first.
It seems that I also managed the reflecting issue on the new materials.

Thank you anyway for response.

Are there new sprites you plan to actually rework for Doom?

sometimes it helps when you change the order of the mods in ...gzdoom.ini Yes, I still want to finish the lights and make weapons. Now I want to finish hexen, then doom 64 and return to the first two dooms. Yesterday I try upscale classic monsters but doom has very small sprites and good look after upscale only cacodemon, cyberdemon and pinky. Especialy cacodemon surprised me how good look but soldiers looks very bad. Imp relative ok. If you want I give you link for download but this works only with default game or with mods without change monster sprites.
Marcelus

Postby SamIam76 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:58 am

That sounds great. I also tried with new weapons but they were too big in game (compared to monsters) so I use the upscaled ones from the Brutal Pack neural upscale.

Oh, cool, I would really appreciate it if you could send me your link with the monster files. That would be the next step I wanted to do too.
Yes you are right, some monster textures like the soldier ones lack of detail massively.

What I do actually is substitute the textures and sprites which are additional/different by Brutal Pack and remain lowres even when using DHTP2019.
So I will play Doom with BP, DHTP and your textures.
If you want I can also share with you what I did till now.
SamIam76

Postby Marcelus » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:22 am

SamIam76 wrote:That sounds great. I also tried with new weapons but they were too big in game (compared to monsters) so I use the upscaled ones from the Brutal Pack neural upscale.

Oh, cool, I would really appreciate it if you could send me your link with the monster files. That would be the next step I wanted to do too.
Yes you are right, some monster textures like the soldier ones lack of detail massively.

What I do actually is substitute the textures and sprites which are additional/different by Brutal Pack and remain lowres even when using DHTP2019.
So I will play Doom with BP, DHTP and your textures.
If you want I can also share with you what I did till now.

is nothing special but try if you want. Soldiers are removed because do not look good after upscale. Other are relative ok. Not good not bad

skl.gif

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ODJ7lK ... sp=sharing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marcelus

Previous

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches