Page 2 of 4

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:20 pm
by VindSole
I was going to make a PSX-like menu for my wadsmoosh wad and the big DOOM logo is very fitting, I hope you make it stick to DOOM's pallete, thanks for sharing.

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:03 pm
by PandaDoomer
VindSole wrote:I was going to make a PSX-like menu for my wadsmoosh wad and the big DOOM logo is very fitting, I hope you make it stick to DOOM's pallete, thanks for sharing.
When I finish that I'll definitely make a classic color version like the rest.

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:47 pm
by VindSole
One little question, where did you take the raw titlepic logo from? or did you used the titlepic logo and did manual work filling parts that weren't visible

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:05 pm
by PandaDoomer
VindSole wrote:One little question, where did you take the raw titlepic logo from? or did you used the titlepic logo and did manual work filling parts that weren't visible
I'm pretty sure I found it off of Google or something a few years ago.

Re: Animated M_DOOM for Doom Complete

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:45 pm
by Kazudra
PandaDoomer wrote:Sorry I'm so late, internet outage. Did you want the entire thing STRICTLY in the doom palette? It'll completely ruin the animation part of it, making super unsmooth. Everything will still have it's correct palette colors except for the blue part during the animation, which would be truecolor.
Eh Kinda, you do loose some dynamics, but some touch-ups can restore it by clever use of coloring. It's nice to have both truecolor and palette options; truecolor has the detail, palette has engine fidelity and flexibility due to being able to change the palette at will.

Nonetheless, VERY nice work.

Re: Animated M_DOOM for Doom Complete

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:04 pm
by PandaDoomer
Kazudra wrote:Eh Kinda, you do loose some dynamics, but some touch-ups can restore it by clever use of coloring. It's nice to have both truecolor and palette options; truecolor has the detail, palette has engine fidelity and flexibility due to being able to change the palette at will.

Nonetheless, VERY nice work.
Thank you! :) So, you'd a strict palette version as well? I can do that.

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:41 pm
by VindSole
PandaDoomer wrote: I'm pretty sure I found it off of Google or something a few years ago.
Still got the original one? would be grateful if you share it.

EDIT: nevermind, I got it.

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:17 pm
by caikelm
Is there one of these for Final Doom? Not plutonia or tnt individually but literally the FINAL DOOM yellow logo. I wanted to use wadsmoosh to merge both FD wads :v

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:51 am
by Gifty
Damn, I was JUST thinking of making something exactly like this. You beat me to it, and probably did a better job than I would have!

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 am
by middlefingerman
Ye, this looks pretty damn good! :^)

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:47 am
by Lisiczka
the mod broke for me after gzdoom 4.6.0 update on wadsmoosh 1.3 version. seems like it has to do with filter, so if you rename 'doom.id.doom2.wadsmoosh' folder to 'doom.id.wadsmoosh' it works again. here's updated files:

classic
https://mega.nz/file/MQ4AXSST#_mrK2fDvT ... 1tqHJIEfTA
vivid
https://mega.nz/file/0R40xSTR#2ukwMS1IS ... 7Ud0DiIoyY

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:36 pm
by PandaDoomer
Lisiczka wrote:the mod broke for me after gzdoom 4.6.0 update on wadsmoosh 1.3 version. seems like it has to do with filter, so if you rename 'doom.id.doom2.wadsmoosh' folder to 'doom.id.wadsmoosh' it works again. here's updated files:

classic
https://mega.nz/file/MQ4AXSST#_mrK2fDvT ... 1tqHJIEfTA
vivid
https://mega.nz/file/0R40xSTR#2ukwMS1IS ... 7Ud0DiIoyY
Updated OP.

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:17 pm
by EmperorGrieferus
How am I supposed to launch the mod on the older versions of GZDoom?

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:20 pm
by wildweasel
EmperorGrieferus wrote:How am I supposed to launch the mod on the older versions of GZDoom?
How old are we talking?

Re: Xbox style animated M_DOOMs for Doom 1/2/Complete

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:23 pm
by PandaDoomer
EmperorGrieferus wrote:How am I supposed to launch the mod on the older versions of GZDoom?
What do you mean?