Lands of Lore Hud (now with Less Typeerros and more Sounds)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Lands of Lore Hud (now with Less Typeerros and more Sounds)

Postby Grumpy Tengu » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:57 am

Hey there, this is actually my first project on the Zdoom Forums.
Basically this is a Fullscreen Hud based on the HUD of Lands of Lore 2 (does anyone even remember this game besides me?) and i thought it might be a neat idea to create.
Here are some Screenshots https://puu.sh/EMPCl/382c85606b.jpg
https://puu.sh/EMPCG/b0a0e129e2.jpg
https://puu.sh/EOjWB/7425ed39f5.jpg

I created it with mostly Vanilla Doom in Mind but it does support weapons with 2 Ammotypes as well. Ive also found some of the original Sounds and voicelines, all of doomguys sound are replaces and theres now a button to play taunts from.
It also plays footstep sounds from the original game
There are 29 Taunts in total :D
So anyway if youre interested give it a go. I would really appreciate some Feedback as i do want to improve, suggestions are also welcome.
Credits go to Westwood Studios as ive used the Sprites and Sounds of their old Game.
The Footsteps Files have been taken out of brutal doom and then modified by me.

Heres the Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/file/20v1yf8i6880gkh/Luther_Hud.pk3/file
Last edited by Grumpy Tengu on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Grumpy Tengu

Discord: #2248

Re: Grumpty Tengu´s Lands of Lore Hud

Postby Redneckerz » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:59 pm

Grumpy Tengu wrote:Hey there, this is actually my first project on the Zdoom Forums.
Basically this is a Fullscreen Hud based on the HUD of Lands of Lore 2 (does anyone even remember this game besides me?) and i thought it might be a neat idea to create.

:thumb: I recently bought the game a few weeks ago, so yes, i do know this!

The screenshots look good, i can imagine this going well with any mod/TC that is set in more ancient times.

Few things i notice right off the bat: The Blue 100 isn't perfectly aligned.
The Red 43 could be more centered in the HUD?
The Red 100, just like the blue one, the font size seems a tad to large to fit in the border.

Other than that, a nifty HUD, for sure!
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Rachael » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:12 pm

This is an interesting idea. Might work better with a Heretic or Hexen mod, though, since those games fit the setting slightly better.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Grumpy Tengu » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:41 am

Redneckerz wrote:
Grumpy Tengu wrote:Hey there, this is actually my first project on the Zdoom Forums.

:thumb: I recently bought the game a few weeks ago, so yes, i do know this!

The screenshots look good, i can imagine this going well with any mod/TC that is set in more ancient times.

Few things i notice right off the bat: The Blue 100 isn't perfectly aligned.
The Red 43 could be more centered in the HUD?
The Red 100, just like the blue one, the font size seems a tad to large to fit in the border.

Other than that, a nifty HUD, for sure!

The 43 And Ammoicon are relatively far down because if you have a weapon with 2 Ammotypes the Other one is put above it, it was just done so to fit both in there. Also as for aligning the Numbers ive already had the biggest Problem fitting these anywhere closely cause i couldnt for the life of me figure out how to calculate it properly in advance. I did read up on the zdoom wiki page about it but i just couldnt get it right so what you see there is the result of trial and error. I only learn this by trying around so i should probably try changing Fontsizes for the Health and Armorbar
Grumpy Tengu

Re: Lands of Lore Hud (now with Less Typeerros and more Soun

Postby Grumpy Tengu » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:52 am

Fixed some Minor bugs, addes a couple more sounds and made the hud work without touching on the player so it should be able to run any Mod now
Grumpy Tengu

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches