Original Doom hi-res GFX redraw (WIP)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Original Doom hi-res GFX redraw (WIP)

Post by Darkcrafter »

Doom 2 titlepic and interpic graphics that are result of a long and thourough work on gathering the best possible source images found on the web and fitted into doom proportions manually.

The enhancement involves a lot of thought and hand drawn details.

Before downloading this file please make sure you are using a legally obtained version of Doom 2.
Download the PK3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bN9cC ... 73wKUGnB4-

Usage: zdoom.exe -file Doom2HiResGFX.pk3

To be continued...
Last edited by Darkcrafter on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darkcrafter

Re: Original Doom hi-res GFX redraw (WIP)

Post by Darkcrafter »

Gonna be redoing Doom 2's titlepic since I think we need even better and wider imagery because of better monitors. So I have used some scanned imagaes carefully sliced to pieces and every element rescaled in accordance to vanilla doom dimensions, here is the resulting PSD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EJL5U ... kCgIaqv7KT
Viciious

Post by Viciious »

Darkcrafter wrote:Doom 2 titlepic and interpic graphics that are result of a long and thourough work on gathering the best possible source images found on the web and fitted into doom proportions manually.

The enhancement involves a lot of thought and hand drawn details.

Before downloading this file please make sure you are using a legally obtained version of Doom 2.
Download the PK3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bN9cC ... 73wKUGnB4-

Usage: zdoom.exe -file Doom2HiResGFX.pk3

To be continued...
Hi,

I would like to use the "remastered" image that you posted in one of my projects, which is a console port of the original game to old hardware. Naturally I'd like to ask your permission to do that even though it's a derivative work :)

Regards,
Vic
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

Sure, why not.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”