Subtle Lighting

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kazudra

Subtle Lighting

Post by Kazudra »

Started off as a mini-mod directed towards Lava glow, ended up being a re-interpretation of a PSX Lighting mod.

Also, This is my first mod! YAY! It always starts with messing around with Slade, doesn't it?

Lighting has been sourced from the textures themselves, Aiming to bring in just a little more lighting and Color without over-doing it. Due to the plethora of Red Lighting options I've decided to add 2 flats for blue to add contrast. Lava varies in glow color while RRock8-5(and Slime12-09) have a breathing effect. This does mean that maps that use darkness (like Sigil) remain unaffected, and I do say, While it looks a bit like an art-house in Doom1, Doom2 looks amazing.

And Here's the Screenshots!

[imgur]https://imgur.com/i7MyO2r[/imgur
]

Smooth Doom, Smooth Textures, brightmaps_plus(disabled sprites and Nuke glows), Sprite Shadows, Fullscreen Huds, and Cathy's Ray Tube were all used together with this mod to produce these Screenshots.

Download Version 1.0 Here!
Last edited by Kazudra on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Subtle Lighting

Post by MFG38 »

I'm not so sure I'd call some of these effects subtle, but they definitely breathe some new life into the familiar visuals. Overall, not bad. :D
Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Subtle Lighting

Post by Morgul »

I'm using this mod with DarkDoomZ and it looks awesome, it adds a nice color flavour to the maps, very fitting in a lot of contexs

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”