Rainstorm Patch (for TVR! Revolution)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Rainstorm Patch (for TVR! Revolution)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there everyone! B-)

This is a small patch file I have created recently in SLADE tool and also would want to share with you. It is for exclusive use with the classic TVR! Revolution custom megawad for Doom II, and it just replaces the old --and rather bland-- raining effect used in some area levels of this megawad with a more up-to-date one, using new raindrop sprites and including extra lightning and thunder effects.

It is fully compatible with most gameplay mods (including my HXRTC Project one) as long as the loaded files in GZDoom/QZDoom are in correct order. For making it work correctly, make sure you run this patch file in last place, and always after the TVR! megawad file. If you do it OK, you'll see the updated rainstorm effect starting from Map 2 and/or some later ones.

NOTE: The Rainstorm Patch file is in fact, a highly modified version of Tormentor667's Rain Simple resource file, fully adapted for being used with TVR! megawad together with (or without) external gameplay mods. If you decide to download and test it, please feel free to report any possible bugs you may encounter! :wink:

DOWNLOAD RAINSTORM PATCH FOR TVR!

Hope you have fun. Have a nice doomsday dudes! 8-)

EDIT: Screenshot added! It may not show a big thing, but it may help you get an idea of it... :P

Last edited by Hexereticdoom on Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Rainstorm Patch (for TVR Revilution)

Post by wildweasel »

Seems like just the thing to do away with rat hell. ;)
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Rainstorm Patch (for TVR! Revolution)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

wildweasel wrote:Seems like just the thing to do away with rat hell. ;)
Hehe, precisely that was one of the main ideas! No more rats, just sit down and watch the rain fall... =:)

EDIT: Ouch, seems I mispelled the megawad name and I called it 'Revilution' instead of Revolution... My bad! :oops:

Fixed now. (Yep, this is not related at all to TNT's sequel, sorry...)
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Re: Rainstorm Patch (for TVR! Revolution)

Post by Mor'Ladim »

TVR! Revolution is actually one of my favorite mapsets, and one I do extensive testing on for my mod. I was actually thinking of giving it another run soon, so this rain patch will be a very welcome addition! Thanks!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”