Brightmaps Plus v1.91

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Postby speedy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:08 am

strangebit wrote:By the way, the WadSmoosh AutoName change in GZDoom 4.6.0 also affected Brightmaps Plus in the same way. Easy fix by just copying the doom.id.doom2 filter folder as doom.id.wadsmoosh, except for the textures one. But I'm not sure that one is worth trying to support WadSmoosh with, because of the way WadSmoosh replaces the textures at runtime for the Final Doom maps. It would be a lot trickier.

Has anyone been able to get bmplus 1.9 to work with Wadsmoosh?
I've been unsuccessful in getting this to work with GZDoom 4.7.1 even after trying these steps above.
speedy

Discord: Speedy#6850
Operating System: Mac OS w/ M1 Processor
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Brightmaps Plus v1.9

Postby Jakie » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:17 am

Hey there! A person over on the ZDoom discord wanted a fix to this with WadSmoosh so I might as dump these here.

These are fixes for people who use WadSmoosh, simply unzip the file, add the "brightmaps" folder from the original Brightmap+ PK3 to it, then zip it back up.
(I didn't include the brightmaps folder since it kinda sketchy of me to do so.)

As for NightFright, you might want to add this to the main PK3. When you do, I'll cross out this reply and label it deprecated.

Message crossed out as the fix has been added to the main PK3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jakie on Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jakie
did someone say software rendering?

Discord: Jakie#9900
Github ID: https://github.com/SnakieJakie
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Brightmaps Plus v1.9

Postby Kazudra » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:15 am

Jakie wrote:Hey there! A person over on the ZDoom discord wanted a fix to this with WadSmoosh so I might as dump these here.

These are fixes for people who use WadSmoosh, simply unzip the file, add the "brightmaps" folder from the original Brightmap+ PK3 to it, then zip it back up.
(I didn't include the brightmaps folder since it kinda sketchy of me to do so.)

As for NightFright, you might want to add this to the main PK3. When you do, I'll cross out this reply and label it deprecated.

Hold up, Wadsmoosh has consistent File-naming?
Kazudra

Version 1.91 released

Postby NightFright » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:39 am

Wadsmoosh support added for all packs.
Warning: I didn't test this, so use this at your own risk.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: Brightmaps Plus v1.91

Postby Edgelord77 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:36 am

Is one allowed to use the assets in these files in another project (with credit, of course)?
Edgelord77

Re: Brightmaps Plus v1.91

Postby NightFright » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:50 am

Sure.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Previous

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches