Brightmaps Plus v1.92

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Brightmaps Plus v1.7

Post by Agitatio »

NightFright wrote:I am opposing the entire autoload idea and prefer a modular approach via launcher where you can conveniently turn mods on and off as needed.
Wasn't able to find a launcher that could meet my needs. I use batch files and cfg files for every mod I use. So my approach is modular too, but more complicated.
However, I have a couple of things in autoload due to them being essential and safe to use no matter the combination. Stuff like Sigil, NRFtL, SPFX, Kinsie's Test Maps and etc.

Anyways, thanks as always for your work!
PandaDoomer

Post by PandaDoomer »

Any plans for Doom Complete compatibility?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Your instructions for the single file version - the one that suggests editing the GLDEFS - are still in the OP, which may lead to confusion as the old single-file version isn't advertised for download. :)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

If Doom Complete names sprites differently, which it shouldn't have to... bad luck. Need to see how much effort it would be to rename everything. In general, this should be pretty much already compatible, at least I couldn't see any obvious problems when I tried just now.
Kazudra

Post by Kazudra »

Yeah, with Doom Complete and more notoriously Smooth Doom you're going to have to go on a texture hunt and manually update the brightmaps yourself. Compatibility between mods is the gateway into modding.
Still conflicted about Nukage glow, on one hand it ruins a couple maps, on the other hand it was practically made to glow.

Consider this an update; I dunno why but everything magically works again, I'm keeping my iwad-free version handy in-case GZdoom wants to act up again.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I tried Doom Complete and ended with it quickly again after I saw that there are still textures assigned improperly compared to the original, e.g. in Plutona MAP04. And that with the latest version. God knows where else stuff gets confused. Nothing beats the separated iwads regarding reliability.

Sadly none of the brightmaps can be dynamically switched on and off via a menu function since all this happens during GZDoom startup and after that it's fixed. I would like to have options like "nukage glow", "ceiling lights" or even a spritefix/vanilla sprites toggle, but it seems to be technically impossible.
PandaDoomer

Post by PandaDoomer »

Doom Complete does change names it turns out. I guess I'll do it myself, if I can get it all working I'll post the gldefs here then. There shouldn't be any conflicts so that's nice.
Kazudra

Post by Kazudra »

Here's some smooth doom stuff, The Barrel and Bonuses are all Gifty's but the rest were edited in or made myself. It should work as an add-on without any conflicts.

The modular Install is very intuitive BTW.

Also for you Neural Upscale 2x users; you'll want to use sprite-fix for sprites BUT you'll need to delete all the Caco sprite-fix from the .bm (Just search HEAD and keep going down) and you'll also want to take the Vanilla SKULA0 and patch it to the Sprite-fix SKULA0's size (its a little taller, just make a 44x52 image and past the vanilla one in, align it to the buttom and fill in black up top), that'll complete sprites. For textures you'll need to remove iwad (until it gets a proper texturedef so it can work properly).
Spoiler: Screenshots
Attachments
bmplus_smooth.pk3
Smooth Decorations/items addon
(84.91 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I get a weird error whenever I load a mod or map with Doom or Doom 2.

Brightmap 'brightmaps/sprites/doom/shtfa0.png' not found in texture 'SHTFA0'
Brightmap 'brightmaps/sprites/doom/shtfb0.png' not found in texture 'SHTFB0'

I tried copying over the brightmaps from the Doom2 into the Doom folder but it still appears.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.71 released

Post by NightFright »

You are right, the shotgun spritemaps are missing. Time for a fix! (Note: Spritefix version is not affected by this, so no update for bmplus_spritefix.pk3.)

CHANGELOG v1.71 (Apr 3, 2020)
[bmplus_vanilla.pk3] Added missing shotgun brightmaps in Doom
[bmplus_textures.pk3] Added "iwad" flag for lava brightmaps in Heretic
Nash

Re: Brightmaps Plus v1.71

Post by Nash »

NightFright, I've made a complete set of brightmaps for your perk_enhanced mod (and thus removed them from said mod; it was a wrong idea in hindsight, to bundle that mod with brightmaps, since it's not only out of scope for the mod, but also because there's no way to toggle brightmaps at runtime).

I've attached it here. Whether you want to host this under the Brightmaps Plus project, or under Perk Enhanced, that's really up to you. :) I just provide the content.
Attachments
perk_enhanced_brightmaps.pk3
(45.4 KiB) Downloaded 1512 times
Heraldo Xavier

Post by Heraldo Xavier »

PandaDoomer wrote:Doom Complete does change names it turns out. I guess I'll do it myself, if I can get it all working I'll post the gldefs here then. There shouldn't be any conflicts so that's nice.
There is any way i can help on this, since there is quite a lot of textures?
condor67

Post by condor67 »

Thank you for this mod, sir. Great Job!

I was pretty impressed with the graphical quality of Doomsday, but now I'm definitely sticking with GZDoom after a couple of tweaks and Brightmaps Plus v1.71 :D
chrisssj2

Post by chrisssj2 »

Sorry for asking but difference between those 2 is??
1.1] Vanilla sprites brightmaps (PK3, 1.43 MB) *
1.2] Spritefixed sprites brightmaps (PK3, 1.49 MB) *
Last edited by chrisssj2 on Mon May 18, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AL-97

Post by AL-97 »

Spritefixed brightmaps are for the Sprite Fixing Projects, as it says in the OP that you quoted, by the way.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”