[WIP] cotton_disciple's HUD edits

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cotton_disciple

[WIP] cotton_disciple's HUD edits

Post by cotton_disciple »

Since it's hard to find, I've decided to start my own topic\thread. Hope somebody need this.

If you original author and don't like what I've made, please pm/dm me first

Use latest version of GZDoom

HUD: HXRTC HUD
Original author: Hexereticdoom
Description: versions for BD and PB

Changelog:
(dd.mm.yy; UTC +9)
Spoiler: v8
Spoiler: v7
  • Notes:
    Set screen size to 11 (Options -> Display options)
    Set fullscreen scaling to -1 (Options -> HUD options -> Scaling options)

BD v21:

Files with "_gz" only for GZDoom

If you want to use custom mugshot (like this) - rename all graphics to STM* (v7.7e) or change in-game gender to other (v7.8)

-----------------------------

Known issues:
    • - [BD21 \ GZDoom only version] Female class doesn't change mugshot if demonrune picked up (gzdoom specific) - fixed in v7.8
      - [PB3.0Test] Sometimes hud doesn't appear - turn on and off (or off and on) helmet animation (project brutality settings -> gameplay settings)
      - [PB3.0Test] Misaligned/sized sprites (?)
      - [PB3.0Test]Placeholder heat/ugl indicator
      - ???
Spoiler: Screenshots (v7.*)
Download:

BDv21 version

Zandronum\GZDoom (v7.7e) | GZDoom-only version (v7.8a)

PBv3.0 version

For PB 3.0 from Github (tested with commit d4bb113)

For PB 3.0 Test 1-21-18

---------------------------------------------------------

HUD: NC Hud
Original author: Blue Shadow
Description: (fte)Quake-like "skin" inspired by Quake (obviously)
  • Load order: nchud.pk3 nchud-ftequake.pk3 nchud-powerupicons.pk3 compatibility patch

Notes:
    If you want to use compatibility patches, change hud's parent class to NCH_FTEQuake
    Spoiler: Example
Spoiler: Screenshot
Download
ALL VERSIONS HERE

MediaFire

Also check out HXRTC HUD Platinum by Feles Noctis

Spoiler: Permissions
Spoiler: Credits
Last edited by cotton_disciple on Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:59 am, edited 43 times in total.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: cotton_disciple's HUD edits

Post by Hexereticdoom »

=================
· HEXERETICDOOM ·
· APPROVES THIS ! ·
=================

Nice HUD editions my friend! :thumb:
cotton_disciple

Updated BDv21 version

Changelog:
- Added buzzsaw total ammo
- FIxed rocket_launcher icon

Edit: quickfix purist mode, redownload
Last edited by cotton_disciple on Tue May 21, 2019 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martinoz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Martinoz »

Surely on of the best HUDs available for both Brutal Doom and Project Brutality, a must have when it comes to readability.
terminator44

Post by terminator44 »

Really appreciate you continuing development of such a great hud, but why do the Classic Doom versions you made not have the ammunition totals of all weapons like the base HXRTC Classic DOOM did? 7.0a and 8.0c don't have them. Only the unfinished 8.0d has them, and they're in a strange order (cells on top, then rockets, then bullets, then shells).
cotton_disciple

terminator44 wrote:Really appreciate you continuing development of such a great hud, but why do the Classic Doom versions you made not have the ammunition totals of all weapons like the base HXRTC Classic DOOM did? 7.0a and 8.0c don't have them. Only the unfinished 8.0d has them, and they're in a strange order (cells on top, then rockets, then bullets, then shells).
there's no classic version, only bd, pb and universal (for every mod, which adds them in order as you picked up weapon)
terminator44

Post by terminator44 »

cotton_disciple wrote: there's no classic version, only bd, pb and universal (for every mod, which adds them in order as you picked up weapon)
Ah, so no version that displays ammo counts for classic Doom? That's unfortunate, but not a big deal since the original version for it still works.
cotton_disciple

Updated NCHud edit to support last version (2.6.0)
mutator

Post by mutator »

can you update the gzdoom version of latest project brutality hxrtc hud? thanks in advance! xD
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Great HUD ! Much more clean and useful than UDV imo , it doesn't get into your way and just gives the info you need
Just a little question ; can anyone direct me to the latest version for BD v21 Gold ? And it would be like a dream come true if this would be compatible with Complex Doom/LCA/CF but not enough interest it seems :roll:
cotton_disciple

mutator wrote:can you update the gzdoom version of latest project brutality hxrtc hud? thanks in advance! xD
there's no stable release of pb 3.0, for github versions check #community_addons on pb's discord server
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Great HUD ! Much more clean and useful than UDV imo , it doesn't get into your way and just gives the info you need
Just a little question ; can anyone direct me to the latest version for BD v21 Gold ? And it would be like a dream come true if this would be compatible with Complex Doom/LCA/CF but not enough interest it seems
use link above (for BDv21), mb someday i'll add versions compatible with Complex Doom/LCA/CF
mutator

Post by mutator »

there's no stable release of pb 3.0, for github versions check #community_addons on pb's discord server
thank you for the reply so you're going to release the hud for it at the official release? i am not part of the pb discord community so unfortunately i dont have a chance to check out their latest hxrtc hud available
cotton_disciple

mutator wrote:
thank you for the reply so you're going to release the hud for it at the official release? i am not part of the pb discord community so unfortunately i dont have a chance to check out their latest hxrtc hud available
yeap
wen_nug
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by wen_nug »

Sorry I'm new here and I do really love this HUD. Mad respect.

I have a problem. I wonder how to change the stats gauge and ammo gauges bars. I see 2 kinds of the bars. One is solid and second one looks like stacked vertical lines. How do I change that? And sorry, English isn't my language.

Thanks
cotton_disciple

wen_nug wrote:Sorry I'm new here and I do really love this HUD. Mad respect.

I have a problem. I wonder how to change the stats gauge and ammo gauges bars. I see 2 kinds of the bars. One is solid and second one looks like stacked vertical lines. How do I change that? And sorry, English isn't my language.

Thanks
settings -> hxrtc settings -> old bars

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”