Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.10]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.9]

Postby NightFright » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:11 am

Hmmm... might have happened when replacing the statusbar. Does it happen in earlier mod versions (5.1.8 would be enough, I guess)?

That Hexen statusbar is really cursed, though. Never gonna touch it again after this ever, that's for sure.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 5.1.10 released

Postby NightFright » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:46 am

New version is out with rather minor adjustments. Please note that you will find the mod now at a slightly different spot. While it's still under "Options" --> "Full Options Menu" --> "HUD Options" --> "Fullscreen Status Bar", it's not listed at the bottom any more, but right underneath "Alternative HUD Options" at the top.

Changelog:
[ALL] Slightly relocated options menu (now shown right below "Alternative HUD Options")
[ALL] Alignment adjustments for credits
[DOOM] Automatic Compatibility: "No End In Sight" added
[HEXEN] Alignment fix for chain covers of unsplit bar (LFEDGE/RTEDGE)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.10]

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:24 pm

Thanks for the update :)

By the way , while I've been using this with mods which don't have a custom hud without issues until now , but I noticed that the ammo counters on the right doesn't function with BDv21 and its variants. Is it a known thing ?

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby NightFright » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:15 am

We are not really supporting Brutal Doom since this project is mainly targeting vanilla-style projects which don't deviate too much from the original code-wise. If anybody wishes to add this functionality and is able to do so - go ahead, I guess.
I have opened an issue about this on Github so we are not losing track of this, but I can't tell when or if this will be solved.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Postby Delfino Furioso » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:04 am

FWIW

when playing with BD Lite (by DavidN) the fullscreen hud works as expected, both in centered and in split mode

Screenshot_Doom_20210820_180126.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Delfino Furioso

Postby NightFright » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:36 am

I dunno much about Brutal Doom tbh. However, I can tell that actor class names of ammo types can't be an issue since 3saster apparently made it work without depending on names.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Previous

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches