Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZellSF
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.3]

Post by ZellSF »

The inventory bar dynamic sizing works great :D.
mdvhimself
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mdvhimself »

i was wonder if you could modify the heretic hud so it wont have the stone background at all? just the chains, heads, and panels...something similar like the split version. the heads and the chain is too cool to give up.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I am afraid that's beyond the scope of this project.
We will only have the original statusbars without the background graphics on both sides plus the fullscreen HUD with essential info. There won't be any hybrid versions or spinoffs, that would be a job for a different project.

In other news, we are waiting for the next official GZD release, then the next official mod release will happen. It's probably gonna be pretty much what's on Github right now. Since GZD 4.3.x has just been made available on Github, you can expect an official mod release very soon, most likely within the next days.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 5.1.4 released

Post by NightFright »

With the release of GZDoom 4.3.1, we can finally officially publish what we have on Github since a few weeks.

CHANGELOG v5.1.4 (Jan 7, 2020)
NOTE: Now requires GZDoom 4.3.0+ or LZDoom 3.84+. This is due to a major internal restructure that makes many parts of the code (especially stats) MUCH easier to maintain, using mixins
[ALL] General Settings: "Force HUD override" option removed. This was rather hacky and caused crashes, even when turned off
[ALL] Added tooltips to menu options
[ALL] All strings (except credits) are now in a LANGUAGE lump. This allows for centralizing the strings and possibly translating
[ALL] Stats: Added player morph timer from Tekish's LevelInfo v1.23 (mainly for chicken/pig morph in Heretic/Hexen multiplayer)
[ALL] Split mode: Inventory bar is now properly pre-populated before first scroll through
[ALL] Split mode: Inventory bar now displays a maximum number of items based on HUD size
[HERETIC] Automatic compatibility added for Heretic Neural Texture Pack
[HERETIC] Improved transparency settings for "Curse of D'Sparil"
[HACX] MENUDEF: No longer needs a separate file, all games now use a single MENUDEF lump

Not much is missing any more now for a feature complete version. Besides Strife support, we are still hoping to add a system time display once GZDoom supports it. After that it is intended to sort of retire the project at long last, at least regarding adding new features.
Agitatio

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.4]

Post by Agitatio »

Is it possible to get completion color affect time when it's below Par Time? Similarly to how it is in Tekish's LevelInfo?
And how hard it is to implement all colors to that option? By all I mean similarly to their amount in Message Colors options of GZDoom.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I don't see that as a priority for the project at this point. I had also hoped we are done with feature requests for level stats since this isn't what this mod is primarily about. We are also not really trying to imitate or replace other mods.

That being said, maybe more colors can be implemented, but I am reluctant about it if it means to add even more cvars for a secondary feature.
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

where do you get newer version of GZdoom?
my error:
"A version with ZScript version 4.2.5 is required, but your copy of GZDoom only supports 4.2.4. Please upgrade!"
I have the recent gz version from here
https://zdoom.org/downloads
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

Dumb question,but is it possible to add link in OP for a last version which used SBARINFO?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 5.1.5 released

Post by NightFright »

Since it was easy to do and could be done without adding another CVAR, I gave in and added more stat completion colors. There you go, Agitatio! :P Default setting for completion color is now "none" (white) as it should have been since the beginning, btw (not green). Existing color settings will therefore be reset to default when loading this new version for the first time.

As long as the ZDoom website has not been updated, you can get latest GZDoom v4.3.1 here.

CHANGELOG v5.1.5 (Jan 8, 2020)
[ALL] Stats: Can now choose between 25 (before: 3) different stat completion colors

Link to last SBARINFO release (v4.10.3) has been added in the OP under "Bonus Stuff" (bottom).
Agitatio

Re: Version 5.1.5 released

Post by Agitatio »

NightFright wrote:Since it was easy to do and could be done without adding another CVAR, I gave in and added more stat completion colors. There you go, Agitatio! :P Default setting for completion color is now "none" (white) as it should have been since the beginning, btw (not green). Existing color settings will therefore be reset to default when loading this new version for the first time.
Thank you very much! Had it on my mind for a while now, but chose the worst time to finally suggest it. Tried to phrase it more as an inquiry, as I did notice that you were finalizing this project. Thanks again!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.5]

Post by NightFright »

Some of the additional colors (e.g. "Ice" or "Gray") may seem kinda redundant since there is no visual difference compared to the default. I left those in anyway to maintain consistency with the message colors. In the end, just choose the color you prefer and ignore the rest.
3saster

Post by 3saster »

Agitatio wrote:Thank you very much! Had it on my mind for a while now, but chose the worst time to finally suggest it. Tried to phrase it more as an inquiry, as I did notice that you were finalizing this project. Thanks again!
Don't worry too much about the "finalizing" thing. It's meant more that within the scope of this project, there isn't very much left to add, as far as we can tell. If you have any further feature suggestions, feel free to send them our way!
Agitatio wrote:Is it possible to get completion color affect time when it's below Par Time? Similarly to how it is in Tekish's LevelInfo?
I'm totally fine with adding more feature requests for level stats, so don't worry about it. This particular feature however, I personally disagree with, on the grounds that the vast, vast, vast majority of mapsets do not bother to change the par time from vanilla doom. As such, the par time is really only useful for the IWADs, and nearly nothing else.
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

3saster wrote:This particular feature however, I personally disagree with, on the grounds that the vast, vast, vast majority of mapsets do not bother to change the par time from vanilla doom. As such, the par time is really only useful for the IWADs, and nearly nothing else.
I see. I wasn't actually aware of that.
Blasphyx

Post by Blasphyx »

I love this, but I can't really use it yet because it gets in the way of so much of the weapon graphics. Can't the weapon just stick out as much as it normally does? Also, the split stat bar is also a great idea, but on a multimonitor setup, it's an eyesoar having to look all the way to my left and all the way to my right. If there's a way to adjust the distance of the side hud away from the edge that would be great.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I think the weapon position thing cannot be changed since it wouldn't work as soon as the bar is made transparent. In fullscreen mode, all of the available screen space is used, including what is reserved for the statusbar in normal mode. Weapons will be aligned to the bottom of the screen, you can't bypass that. On top of that, tempering with weapon positioning would require to mess with weapons, which would go far beyond the scope of this project. You can compensate for losing weapon visibility by reducing statusbar scaling, but if you are using screen resolutions far beyond Full HD, this won't help much since you will want to keep your scaling larger for better legibility.

The multi monitor thing is a different matter. It would probably depend on whether or not ZScript is able to detect multi monitor configurations somehow. Otherwise, maybe there is a way to trick the mod into using specific (internal) resolutions to keep both side panels on one monitor. 3saster would probably know more about such possibilities.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”