Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Barry Burton

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.2]

Post by Barry Burton »

3saster and NightFright, thank you so much for your interest and help. I've been using the little bit of MAPINFO text and it works like a charm.

I look forward to the next release. :)
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

This is excellent! Thank You very much.

with your mod I cannot achieve this ornamented bar in hexen
NightFright wrote:
its always with the stone frame strip

but it doesnt matter for me, cause i play with the corner HUD icons anyway.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

It's entirely possible. Just set "Split bar" to "off" in the menu.
Since v5.0, split bars are the default setting.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 5.1.3 released

Post by NightFright »

And we have a new release! Highlights are the new powerup timer stats (they are really useful - at first I was sceptical about these, but now I am using them all the time), secondary ammo support and an option to make this mod override any custom statusbars that may come with other PWADs. Please use it with caution (see notes below). The menu has also been a bit reorganized, with options placed in three submenus which will provide additional space (in case more entries are added later) and avoids the need to scroll through the menu. Note that you will also have to use the latest GZDoom version for this one!

Preview of the powerup timer stats (if enabled):

CHANGELOG v5.1.3 (NOV 22, 2019)
NOTE: Now requires GZDoom 4.2.4+. This prevents a segfault that can occur with "Force HUD override" active. It is recommended to avoid activating this option in LZDoom (at least for now)
[ALL] MENUDEF: Reorganization into submenus ("General Settings", "Optional Settings", "Stats")
[ALL] General Settings: "Force HUD override" option added. This will override any other custom HUD and use this HUD instead, regardless of load order (intended for autoload in particular)
[ALL] Stats: "Powerup timers" option added (default: off). Works exactly the same as in LevelInfo v1.22 by Tekish (for now)
[ALL] Active powerup icons (e.g. Tome of Power or Wings of Wrath) no longer block stats
[ALL] Fixed stats in top-right not moving correctly when vid_fps CVAR is on
[DOOM/CHEX/HACX/HERETIC] Secondary ammo now displayed if required (Hexen already did this)
[DOOM] Automatic compatibility added for Pirate Doom
[CHEX] Berserk mode indicator CVAR from Doom no longer saved to ini
[HACX] No longer uses modified STBAR lump, but instead adds a small black patch to cover mugshot background
Last edited by NightFright on Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.3]

Post by drfrag »

I've looked at the issue and the VM crashes on exit trying to destroy an already destroyed object (i think), it also crashed GZDoom until the clean exit refactor. That option is there to force this statusbar despite of load order and i suspect something fishy is going on, just use the correct order. While i could merge the clean exit (i think) that would require some work and i don't think it's worth for such an old codebase and i still need to support XP. Besides i don't know how long the project will keep on going specially without support.

Code: Select all

>	lzdoom.exe!VMCall(VMFunction * func, VMValue * params, int numparams, VMReturn * results, int numresults) Line 580	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!DObject::Destroy() Line 377	C++
 	[Inline Frame] lzdoom.exe!GC::SweepList(DObject * * p, unsigned __int64 count, unsigned __int64 *) Line 255	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!GC::SingleStep() Line 431	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!GC::FullGC() Line 521	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!PClass::StaticShutdown() Line 274	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!call_terms() Line 77	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!_execute_onexit_table::__l2::<lambda>() Line 206	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!__crt_seh_guarded_call<int>::operator()<<lambda_7777bce6b2f8c936911f934f8298dc43>,int <lambda>(void) & __ptr64,<lambda_3883c3dff614d5e0c5f61bb1ac94921c> >(__acrt_lock_and_call::__l2::<lambda_7777bce6b2f8c936911f934f8298dc43> && setup, _execute_onexit_table::__l2::int <lambda>(void) & action, __acrt_lock_and_call::__l2::<lambda_3883c3dff614d5e0c5f61bb1ac94921c> && cleanup) Line 204	C++
 	[Inline Frame] lzdoom.exe!__acrt_lock_and_call(const __acrt_lock_id) Line 957	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!_execute_onexit_table(_onexit_table_t * table) Line 231	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!common_exit::__l2::<lambda>() Line 232	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!__crt_seh_guarded_call<void>::operator()<<lambda_d80eeec6fff315bfe5c115232f3240e3>,void <lambda>(void) & __ptr64,<lambda_2358e3775559c9db80273638284d5e45> >(__acrt_lock_and_call::__l2::<lambda_d80eeec6fff315bfe5c115232f3240e3> && setup, common_exit::__l2::void <lambda>(void) & action, __acrt_lock_and_call::__l2::<lambda_2358e3775559c9db80273638284d5e45> && cleanup) Line 224	C++
 	[Inline Frame] lzdoom.exe!__acrt_lock_and_call(const __acrt_lock_id) Line 957	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!common_exit(const int return_code, const _crt_exit_cleanup_mode cleanup_mode, const _crt_exit_return_mode return_mode) Line 278	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!ST_Endoom() Line 1118	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!AF_DMessageBoxMenu_CallHandler(VMValue * param, int numparam, VMReturn * ret, int numret) Line 61	C++
 	lzdoom.exe!VMNativeFunction::NativeScriptCall(VMFunction * func, VMValue * params, int numparams, VMReturn * returns, int numret) Line 308	C++
3saster

Post by 3saster »

The load order override was designed because I (and it seems a number of other people) use this mod in my autoload, and so the ability to override custom status bars without turning off autoload, etc. is very convenient. Merging the clean exit code is a non-trival task, so it's your decision whether it's worth the effort or not. I just thought you should be aware, since this is a real use case where the clean exit code matters.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Side note: We are slowly closing in on reaching "feature complete" status. Besides adding more compatibility patches in the future when needed (e.g. the two Woolball games for which I had made SBARINFO patches when 4.x was still a thing), I can only think of two things right now:
- Strife support
- System time for stats (requires ZScript implementation by GZDoom team first --> feature request made on Sep 7)
jfxsan

Post by jfxsan »

Secondary ammo is working well here so, thanks for the implementation. Now I can just keep using this HUD :)
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

Im playing using also HD textures

if I play Heretic with your hud, the ornamented heads have different quality of texture, with clearly distinguishable seam.

could you overlap the partial heads with full heads, in low res (or Hi even better) graphic?
3saster

Post by 3saster »

Lagi wrote:could you overlap the partial heads with full heads, in low res (or Hi even better) graphic?
The great thing about the compatibility system I introduced in version 5.1.0 is that I can easily to do this and have it built into the mod, even with high-res graphics! If you want an nice example of what's possible with this system, check out Eternal Doom with this mod!

To verify, this is the Heretic Neural upscale texture pack, yes? Note that you won't see another release till GZDoom 4.2.5, since at least one massively useful development feature (and possibly another user feature addition) is being used. If you want it earlier, feel free to use the development version of this mod from the Github repo once the feature is added (will require a GZDoom devbuild for now).
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Unfortunately, the upscale packs are based on the original graphics which are not widescreen-friendly. To solve this for good, somebody should feed our Heretic and Hexen statusbars (and all graphics associated with them) included in this mod to the nvidia neural upscaling network for best results.

Update:
I have made Waifu2x upscales of the Heretic and Hexen statusbar graphics (zip, 537 KB) from our mod. These can be used as placeholder replacements until nvidia neural upscaling versions are available.
Please note that these images have lost their offsets during the conversion which need to be added again before they can actually be used for the project. These should only show when using the Heretic/Hexen upscale packs, of course.
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

yes, those are neural textures

any guide how to use this filters? I try playing with options, but end with this

edit:
sorry, you give me the GRP and its for me to make a mod from it. Alright sorry, you overestimate my powers, I will stick with corner HUD
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

This was rather intended for 3saster. Maybe he can do something with it. The whole package is quite useless the way it is right now.
site
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by site »

Sorry, haven't been checking the forums lately. Thanks for adding those timers!
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

Gamer timer is very handy, it helps me cooking.

EDIT:
the weapons numbers on right side (in heretic) go like that 2,3,4,5,6,7. And goes yellow if PC possess given.
PC always have wand 2. But there is not markt Necro Gautlets double-1. Not sure how about your OCD, but more useful would be 1,3,4,5,6,7

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”