Page 18 of 19

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition [TESTERS WANTED!]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:48 am
by namsan
Nash wrote:(snipped images)
Experimenting with Actor-based wall splats... not sure I'm convinced this is better, now that it actually works (adjusts to wall angle properly and has full blood colourization support)... hmm...

Will Actor-based wall splats be implemented?
I think it looks better.

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:50 am
by Hexereticdoom
Nash wrote:About the Smooth Doom flickering thingy - yeah, this was reported shortly after v1.0 is released, and was fixed after the fact. It will be fixed in the next official release... however, I don't have an ETA on when the next release will be out, but if you don't mind playing development builds, you can head on to the Github and download the latest in-dev version of the mod there. :)

While we're waiting patiently for the next release, I have compiled the development version into a PK3 file and named it v1.0a... B-)

Apart from that, there's no further differences, but I'll put it here as a downloadable link for anybody who doesn't know very well how Github works:

NASHGORE_V1.0A.PK3

Please keep up the good work Nash, this absolutely rocks! :thumb:

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:00 am
by DoomeRez
Any way to tune down the amount/size of blood sprites produced by shots but retain the same amount of decals generated on floor/walls/etc at "default" blood type setting? When you hit something with shotgun the mod generates a lot of sprites which can completely cover entire model of the enemy. Or can I somehow turn a "vanilla" blood type (for bullet impacts) but at the same time get sprites on floor and all other effects?

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:35 am
by drfrag
Hexereticdoom wrote:I have compiled the development version into a PK3 file and named it v1.0a

Great, a pirated version then. :)

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:54 pm
by Hexereticdoom
drfrag wrote:
Hexereticdoom wrote:I have compiled the development version into a PK3 file and named it v1.0a

Great, a pirated version then. :)

Pirated, you say?! :nope2:

Ooow, no no please, don't make me to put this here... :3: :mrgreen:
Spoiler:

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:12 pm
by DoomeRez
DoomeRez wrote:Any way to tune down the amount/size of blood sprites produced by shots but retain the same amount of decals generated on floor/walls/etc at "default" blood type setting? When you hit something with shotgun the mod generates a lot of sprites which can completely cover entire model of the enemy. Or can I somehow turn a "vanilla" blood type (for bullet impacts) but at the same time get sprites on floor and all other effects?


Answering my own question.

I've deleted nbl1a0.png, nbl1b0.png, nbl1c0.png, nbl1d0.png, nbl1e0.png, nbl1f0.png, nbl2a0.png, nbl2b0.png, nbl2c0.png and nbl2d0.png from nashgore.pk3\sprites\blood\ and the amount of sprites looks reasonable now.
Whoever uses Smooth Doom with this mod, give it a try!

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:45 pm
by 40KN
After updating GZDoom from v4.1.3 to v4.2.1, I've noticed that loading nashgore v1.0 after Smooth Doom (06-15-2019) now breaks the imp's fireball sprite. No issues with other enemy attacks (including caco's fireball)

Edit:

Below is a short clip of what I'm describing. Note that, although I have a few other mods loaded in this video, I've tested with only Smooth Doom and Nash's mod and the issue persists.

Spoiler:


Use the Github build

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:50 pm
by devilemporium
40KN wrote:After updating GZDoom from v4.1.3 to v4.2.1, I've noticed that loading nashgore v1.0 after Smooth Doom (06-15-2019) now breaks the imp's fireball sprite.

Are you using the github build?

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:20 pm
by 40KN
devilemporium wrote:
40KN wrote:After updating GZDoom from v4.1.3 to v4.2.1, I've noticed that loading nashgore v1.0 after Smooth Doom (06-15-2019) now breaks the imp's fireball sprite.

Are you using the github build?


Of Nash's Gore Mod? No, should I be?

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:19 am
by Nash
Nash wrote:About the Smooth Doom flickering thingy - yeah, this was reported shortly after v1.0 is released, and was fixed after the fact. It will be fixed in the next official release... however, I don't have an ETA on when the next release will be out, but if you don't mind playing development builds, you can head on to the Github and download the latest in-dev version of the mod there. :)

The link to the Github repo is on the first post.


Smooth Doom imp ball flickering bug was fixed AFTER v1.0 was released, the only way to play with the fixes is to download an in-development build on Github! I don't have an ETA on v1.5 or whatever the next official release is as I have a very busy schedule!

Sorry for the giant text; not yelling at you or anyone; however I need it to draw attention. :)

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:04 am
by 40KN
Sorry, I don't know how I missed that post. I can confirm that using the Github build resolves the issue.

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:44 am
by Equus
Are you still considering Actor-based wall splats?

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:29 am
by halb
Hello, Sorry to ask something that thats probably a basic question. Im new to doom modding, and Im trying to define a blood colour for the "Stealth Plasma Alien" in Ancient Aliens. Ive managed to figure out they are the "DeadLostSoul" actorclass, so I tried adding "CBlood_DeadLostSoul" in the same format as the others in the cblood.pk3 Decorate.txt. and that didnt work.

So, how do I define its blood colour?

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:36 am
by m8f
SiFi270 wrote:For AA's stealth alien, you may want to have this in the decorate, because otherwise most if not all of them will still bleed red blood.
Spoiler:

The reason for this is kind of a long story. I discussed it on Doomworld a couple of weeks ago with both Skillsaw and Nevander.

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:43 am
by halb
Thank you mbf!!! I ctrl-f'd the thread but I mustve somehow missed that.