Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition [v0.9 Beta Release]

Post by Samarai1000 »

Getting a peculiar issue with this mod used in conjunction with Guncaster.
https://i.imgur.com/9zYPuXW.png
Picking up a backpack results in a VM abort.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Samarai1000 wrote:Getting a peculiar issue with this mod used in conjunction with Guncaster.
https://i.imgur.com/9zYPuXW.png
Picking up a backpack results in a VM abort.
Will take a look, thanks for the report!
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

Nash wrote:*probably useless snip*
Thank you for being so quick to notice it! I'm excited for the next update to Nashgore, whenever it comes.
Another small bug discovered through Guncaster (that I imagine may also occur without it, but I don't really have a way to test it?) is that if a corpse is launched upwards into the ceiling, it will remain un-crushed but have the crushed-corpse sprites appear on it. You can see this if you uppercut a poor monster in a cramped area. Considering there's few situations where this will occur otherwise, and it's harmless, it probably shouldn't be much of a concern.
I have some minor nitpicks that thankfully don't involve glitches, but are otherwise a bit petty. I'm a bit iffy on the sound design, most of it is servicable, but the sound effects for bits of meat (gibs) bouncing on the ground sounds off in a way I can't really put into words. It sounds... a bit too snappy? Less like a fleshy piece impacting something, more like a bone being snapped. The sound effects for blood 'landing' on the ground feel a little weird too, but not as odd as the gibs. More like running water than blood hitting the ground, though I can't say I have a very realistic example for what the latter would sound like. :P
(It's really admirable you're sticking only to publicly available sounds, though. I feel bad for using stuff from commercial works in my mods.)
I also find the blood actors themselves to be a bit too floaty? I imagine that's probably just due to the over-the-top, vaguely cartoony theme of the gore, but it feels like it could use a bit more gravity and hangs around in the air for too long. I'd love to be able to modify gravity with a slider like how you can change blood/gib amounts, but I know from experience putting together options can suck.
Anyways, thanks for making what I'd call the best universally compatible gore mod for GZDoom, ever. Without exaggeration!
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

I think I got a bug on the video I made to present your mod to my channel, playing it with Boom Power Plus Edition. The gore was invisible (yet, it was blocking the way), then I switched settings and it showed up. I tried to reproduce the issue later, but no luck.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Facínora wrote:I think I got a bug on the video I made to present your mod to my channel, playing it with Boom Power Plus Edition. The gore was invisible (yet, it was blocking the way), then I switched settings and it showed up. I tried to reproduce the issue later, but no luck.
This is a known issue. It's easy to fix yourself by editing the mod. I'm so sorry this slipped through! Please follow instructions here: viewtopic.php?p=1083375#p1083375
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

Nash wrote:This is a known issue. It's easy to fix yourself by editing the mod. I'm so sorry this slipped through! Please follow instructions here: viewtopic.php?p=1083375#p1083375
Yeah I knew about the block issue and It didn't bother me tbh, but the funny thing is that the gore from the body squishing was invisible until i fiddled with nash's gore mod options. I thought you also would like to see your mod's video but I wanted to be more useful :mrgreen:
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Bug report: Cyber's and Mastermind's crushed corpse doesn't show up (mod used in this screenshot: Pandemonia)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... m_4011.png
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

Is there a GitHub or other development page for this mod? I'm really excited for the next update and would gladly put up with incomplete builds.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

Yeah, I would like to participate on testing too.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates. I have been busy working on my standalone (GZDoom-based!) commercial game, and between juggling my hectic IRL day job and using what little time and energy I could spare to slave away at my game, most times I barely have the willpower left to continue working on this mod.

There's a ton of fixes already made, I listened and tried to address almost all of your feedback from here, Facebook, Youtube and wherever else this was posted on; but I'm not confident enough that it's truly ready for a new release because I feel like I haven't tested it enough.

Yes, I did consider putting it on Github at some point so that y'all can test unstable code, but, well... you know, I'm just tired a lot. =P

I will do my best to wrap things up for the next version of NGM Vengeance. My game incorporates a heavily-modified version of NGMV so this mod definitely isn't abandoned, don't worry.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

It's cool Nash, take your time man. I think we'd all rather have a proper update than something rushed. One thing I think needs mentioning, I don't know if anyone else has, is there seems to be some issues with Nash Gore and LegenDoom's Legendary monster effects. It can really lag the game. I haven't thoroughly tested this yet, but when its not loaded with Nash Gore, the lag is minimal or nonexistent. No issues running Nash Gore with anything else that I can think of at the moment. I'd love to hear more about your standalone GZDoom based game sometime soon:)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Beezle: thanks for the report, I will take a look at what's causing that lag.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Also awaiting patiently the v1.0 release of this cool blood mod... :yup:

Take your time man, I'm sure it will worth the wait! :)
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

That's great to hear! More GZDoom games.
One question though - has the issue of it not nashgore-ing enemies by weapons with +EXTREMEDEATH been fixed?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Sinael wrote:That's great to hear! More GZDoom games.
One question though - has the issue of it not nashgore-ing enemies by weapons with +EXTREMEDEATH been fixed?
Care to recommend me a mod where I can test the EXTREMEDEATH thingy really easily?

(WTF I hate Coke! Where's my god damn rootbeer?!)
Last edited by Nash on Thu May 02, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”