Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Post by Nash »

Talon1024 wrote:While I was working on adding this to WolfenDoom, I experienced an issue where blood pools from enemy corpses would block polyobject doors. I fixed this by setting -SOLID and +SPECIAL on NashGoreCorpseBlood, and replacing CanCollideWith with Touch.
Thanks! I'll incorporate these into mainline NGMVE with credits to you. :)
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

This is one of the best mod. I auto include it now.

all the gibs blood, stains, bleeding of monsters looks great. you can left foot prints from steeping on blood pool. This door effect on corpses - buahahah. Excellent.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hello community, in an attempt to improve the "squish-when-crushed" algorithm, I only managed to make it less sensitive, and this was released into v1.0. I have temporarily reverted it back to the v0.9 beta behaviour but that's only available to you if you download the in-development build on Github.

That said, I am looking to fixing it for real, and I think I've found a solution that actually works, but I need your help. Basically, can you recommend me some maps that you played where you expected the squish gibs to work, but it didn't. I am basically looking to sample as many maps as I can to make sure the damn thing actually works, and what better way to do it than to turn to nashgore players and ask them what maps they've played nashgore with. :)
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

it doesnt move up&down with the door >:(

seriously everything works
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Lagi wrote:

it doesnt move up&down with the door >:(

seriously everything works
I had that happened a lot, it's because the center of the corpse wasn't underneath the door.
Kazudra

Post by Kazudra »

Nash wrote:Hello community, in an attempt to improve the "squish-when-crushed" algorithm, I only managed to make it less sensitive, and this was released into v1.0. I have temporarily reverted it back to the v0.9 beta behaviour but that's only available to you if you download the in-development build on Github.

That said, I am looking to fixing it for real, and I think I've found a solution that actually works, but I need your help. Basically, can you recommend me some maps that you played where you expected the squish gibs to work, but it didn't. I am basically looking to sample as many maps as I can to make sure the damn thing actually works, and what better way to do it than to turn to nashgore players and ask them what maps they've played nashgore with. :)
The end of Doom 2 Map16: Suburbs, not only squishes not work (probably because it's elevator play) you'll also see floating gibs and blood.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Universal gibable corpses that respects the actor's blood color.

Coming soon to a vengeful gore mod near you!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Awesome.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

I love the fact that you've got the decals matching the 3D models now, but will there be dripping effects like in the current version?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Pompous Seed wrote:I love the fact that you've got the decals matching the 3D models now, but will there be dripping effects like in the current version?
Glad you noticed! Well, a code submission is pending, I'm hoping it gets added because otherwise I can't achieve the unified look for the decals. Yes, the dripping will be re-added. The wall (and floor) decals are going to go through a full overhaul - there will be a TON more decal variations on walls and floors in the next version.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Nash wrote: Universal gibable corpses that respects the actor's blood color.

Coming soon to a vengeful gore mod near you!
Nice.
will this affect the Archvile resurrect states?
Nash

Post by Nash »

If you destroy a monster's corpse, it will be permanently destroyed, therefore the Archvile will have nothing to resurrect... :^)

For this reason, this feature will be defaulted to OFF. I feel like it's a drastic gameplay alteration.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Nash wrote:If you destroy a monster's corpse, it will be permanently destroyed, therefore the Archvile will have nothing to resurrect... :^)

For this reason, this feature will be defaulted to OFF. I feel like it's a drastic gameplay alteration.
Shouldn't it be like in NTMAI (Nobody Talked Me About ID), where it leaves a gibbed sprite? (so the archvile can still resurrect it?)
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

I don't mind it affecting the Archvile's ability to resurrect. Screw them anyways.
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

In my mod, enemies are often cut in pieces. I test that, the blood pool is not being created on the limbs that are spawn, only under main corpse. Any idea if You could or how I could fix it?

f.ex: I would like the top torso of ophidian to also create pool of blood under.
Spoiler: my snake death code

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”