Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
eharper256

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Post by eharper256 »

Cyanide wrote:Still this isn't a great solution. Both because this still doesn't eliminate the problem, and because renaming ~17000 sprites isn't all that fun... :roll:
Fortunately, there are programs to do mass renaming for you at least; personally I like Den4b's one.

It's helped me on numerous occasions, doom file conflicts when combining things, reorganising photo galleries into sensible titles, etc.

Guess it doesn't help with legwork in Slade; but Notepad+ also does mass find and replace for the decorate files.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Quick and dirty bug report:

Neither the door crushing nor the fall splatters seem to work as intended (the door crushing doesn't leave a set of stretchy gibs with the door nor does an enemy splatter after hitting the floor from a long distance after falling). Yes, both options are on and I am using the latest stable build of GZDoom (4.1.3).
Midnight_King

Post by Midnight_King »

I have also noticed that door crushing no longer works.
Nash

Post by Nash »

It does work, it's just a little broken. I tried to change it so that it only spawns meat if the body is not too far away from the center of the sector, this was to prevent meat that doesn't seem to be physically connecting to the ceiling somehow. I suppose it's too agressive. I'll see what I can do.
HUGEGUTS

Post by HUGEGUTS »

Playing with blood amount set to 128 (ssg meatshots look ridiculous with 255 for me), and sometimes blood actors simply don't appear at all. Especially noticeable when using pistol.
Nash

Post by Nash »

HUGEGUTS wrote:The only bothersome thing left is blood spots staying on non-standard liquids, like AAliens' purple water or PL2's gray one. It'd be nice if they ignored ANY animated flat, just like decals don't appear on animated walls. Blood can't really stay still on surface that moves after all. Don't know if that's possible though.
NGM v1.0 added support for liquid effects, so blood that falls on liquid will have different, special effects. It respects liquids defined through TERRAIN as well as 3D floor liquids. I removed that custom liquid lump because it's not needed; it should be handled through TERRAIN.

For vanilla Doom and Doom 2, you can use viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35547 that adds TERRAIN liquid definitions. Heretic, Hexen and Strife already have liquid definitions in their IWADs if I'm not mistaken. For other mods and map packs, you'd have to make your own. Look at Enjay's mod I linked to, or https://zdoom.org/wiki/TERRAIN for info on how to make your own TERRAIN lumps. When a texture is defined as TERRAIN liquid, NGM will take care of the rest.
HUGEGUTS

Post by HUGEGUTS »

Nash wrote:NGM v1.0 added support for liquid effects, so blood that falls on liquid will have different, special effects. It respects liquids defined through TERRAIN as well as 3D floor liquids. I removed that custom liquid lump because it's not needed; it should be handled through TERRAIN.
So that's how it works now. I actually used Enjay's splashes but recently removed them from my load order, then started noticing that blood appears even on Doom IWADs' liquids. Thought I was turning mad lol. Thank you for explanation!
Iron Droog

Post by Iron Droog »

Aaand i getting this error message in ZDL. This goes with latest GZDooM and nashgore 1.0
Attachments
2019-07-17_11-52-22.jpg
Nash

Post by Nash »

Read it again, this time slowly... :P

You need to update your GZDoom. You don't have the latest version.
Nash

Post by Nash »

mgtroyas wrote: ... but while testing the mod with Aeon Deathmach maps plus Supreme Invasion v5 mod I got a weird bug: although Hell Knights had green blood spurs when shot (as expected by using cblood mod) cacodemons left both red and blue blood pools, one near the other. I managed to see a blue pool full size and static, and at the same time a red pool still growing like expected. I took an screenshot of the result on that moment. I haven't been able to make it happen again:

Yebudoom wrote: On a technical note: when mixed with Shades of Doom, which has a lot of custom blood colors (white, yellow, purple etc.), Nashgore usually gets the blood color right. But sometimes some monsters (and I don't mean Caco/Baron variants, bul lowly Imps/Pinkies) have two blood colors at the same time: red and their custom one, e.g. blue.
It's very difficult for me to reproduce this due to how random the Shades of Doom mod is. Can you please tell me what class of monster should I summon, so that I can repeatedly kill it and hopefully reproduce the bug faster?
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

Nash wrote:It's very difficult for me to reproduce this due to how random the Shades of Doom mod is. Can you please tell me what class of monster should I summon, so that I can repeatedly kill it and hopefully reproduce the bug faster?
Off the top of my head:

Zombies - Alpha Centuri Trooper
Sargeants - Alpha Centuri Sargeant
Demons - Slime Worm, Ghoul, Xenomorph, Priest

This is with and without the cblood submod.
Thank you for taking the time to look into this!

EDIT: Not valid anymore, see my next post.
Last edited by Yebudoom on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

i have another problem with shades,while using shotgun demons always leave gibs and it seems all of them(except non bleeding)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Gorec wrote:i have another problem with shades,while using shotgun demons always leave gibs and it seems all of them(except non bleeding)
Yes, I've noticed that monsters are getting gibbed even when they're not supposed to. I'll have to re-visit the gibbing algorithm.

In the mean time, to everyone who's reading this, if you find any other issues, the best way to make me not forget about them is to post an issue on the Github: https://github.com/nashmuhandes/nashgore/issues

You can also download the latest, bleeding-edge code from there, if you cannot wait for the next official version. Although I warn you that devbuilds may be buggy, as usual. :)
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

Regarding my Shades of Doom problems:

Stop the presses! I found the culprit and it's not Nashgore. It's the Champions mod when combined with Nashgore and Shades of Doom! Nashgore by itself gives the correct blood colour every time. Sorry for your trouble, Nash. I should have tested it more thoroughly.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

I ran this mod in software mode and noticed there were black dots flying out of enemies; are these supposed to be normally visible particles/sprites that fly out of enemies and create the blood splatter effects on the ground?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”