Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Post by Nash »

Lagi wrote:In my mod, enemies are often cut in pieces. I test that, the blood pool is not being created on the limbs that are spawn, only under main corpse. Any idea if You could or how I could fix it?

f.ex: I would like the top torso of ophidian to also create pool of blood under.
Spoiler: my snake death code

Code: Select all

actor SnakeTorso
{
    // an actor must be a monster to enable NashGore code
    Monster

// don't add to the kill counter
    -COUNTKILL

States
    {
    Spawn:
        TNT1 A 0 NoDelay
        {
            // mark this actor as NashGore-enabled
            A_GiveInventory("NashGoreActor", 1);

// an actor must "officially die" to trigger NashGore's death logic
            A_Die();
        }

// rest of your code
    }
}

Try this...

(the above code assumes you are using DECORATE... if you are using ZScript, do the necessary adjustments to the code, like adding a Default block, and changing the class definition syntax, etc)
Kazudra

Post by Kazudra »

Feedback so far;
Beta 1.1 is a blast. The variants prove to be great.
Only one major issue though, Colored blood seems to have weird behavior; the gore is correct, and most of the blood is correct but you'll see some red popping through.
Nash

Post by Nash »

So one of the most common complaints about this mod was that the art style for the wall decals do not match the floor blood. As I've explained before in the past, this is because blood decals on walls are rendered with the 'Shaded' renderstyle, while the floor blood is rendered with a 'Normal' renderstyle.

It was impossible to make opaque wall blood decals that can be universally colored by any monster blood color. Yes, there are mods that have done opaque blood decals before, this is nothing new - however notice that they just stay red. You cannot have opaque COLORED blood decals on the wall.

Well after some help from some very nice developers, I decided to submit such a feature to be added into GZDoom.

So what does this all mean?

The next version of NashGore will eliminate the inconsistent/faded blood wall decals. :) When will it be out, you ask? Well, we'll have to wait for GZDoom 4.3.4 to be officially released first. In the mean time, I am still ironing things out, fixing bugs, adding new features.

Stay tuned for a developer update video soon.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

With the latest github build, shattering a frozen enemy always produces some leftover gore, even if the Ice Effects option is turned off.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Tesculpture wrote:With the latest github build, shattering a frozen enemy always produces some leftover gore, even if the Ice Effects option is turned off.
Fixed.

---------------

A quick note to anyone who's trying out the bleeding edge Github builds - I have been silently working on the mod and there are a ton of new features being experimented on, so the Github version is currently a little unstable. Feel free to test and report stuff but I don't recommend you load up the Github build for a serious playthrough because the code is very hot right now. :)
Barry Burton

Post by Barry Burton »

I played through Doom 64 Retribution last night and no baddies that were squished under doors produced stretchy guts. Using GZ 4.3.3 and the latest Nash Gore master zip. Just thought you might want to know. :)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Barry Burton wrote:I played through Doom 64 Retribution last night and no baddies that were squished under doors produced stretchy guts. Using GZ 4.3.3 and the latest Nash Gore master zip. Just thought you might want to know. :)
Thanks. I know what's going on. Doom 64 Retribution defines valid Crush states for the monsters. In GZDoom, when a monster has valid Crush states, the generic-looking pile of meat does not spawn. NashGore's squishy meat relies on that generic meat to spawn.

I'll think of how to fix this a little later. I'm just writing this for self documentation.

[EDIT] Fixed.
Last edited by Nash on Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Nash wrote:The next version of NashGore will eliminate the inconsistent/faded blood wall decals.
:O
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

The blood footprint from military shoes dont really fit into fantasy setting.

thats why would you be so kind to include below, together with some super-neural-AI formula to auto include it if the wad is from Heretic or Hexen. You could also add some new option in menu for manual switch, if modern technology failed us.

P.S. I hope it look moderately like medieval shoe footmark
Spoiler:
Attachments
Footprint02.png
Footprint02.png (763 Bytes) Viewed 1288 times
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

your mod is brilliant and i think its should be auto included in GZdoom.

In case if that would happen, would be rationally to include more anatomy assortment of potential monsters, than only the one whose tissue is consisting of various colored liquids and little brighter soft, conduit-y viscera organs.
  • Disciples - after ordination, his body tissue are now also made of some violet matter, that create purple sparks. Would it be possible to create a custom blood with admixtures of magenta glitter (in shape of sparks?) for him?

Sabreclaw - he is some bio-mechanical monster. Clearly inspired from Nostromo passenger. I assume he explode from the ignition of the fuel in his body. A liquid that is very prone to oxidation apparently. Thats why I think he should spout with black, naphtha like blood (which can be easly done), with some flames that occure here and there.

Knight - its awaken skeleton, clad in armor (in top half at least). Whose motorics function of muscle tissue are replace by Green Aether (I assume the same that propel the Ethereal crossbow). Upon being strike, he should release green clouds of smoke, spread bone debris and armor pieces.

Lich - maybe you cannot tell by this sprite, but he is lock in steel chassis, and should be losing some gray chunks of steel.

I note in your mod, folder with gibs, blood etc. if I draw the bits interesting for me, would you help me to include them in your mod (so I can use it together with my)?
any advice? (besides "shut up, and first draw something already" :))
Kagur

Post by Kagur »

Hahaha... you are awesome Lagi :lol:
Bodhisattva
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Bodhisattva »

Talking about blood colour... I wonder, would it be hard to add a simple option to force all blood to be red?
Nash

Post by Nash »

All blood is already red by default. :P NashGore does not ship with coloured (blue/green) blood. You must have a coloured blood mod loaded.
Bodhisattva
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Bodhisattva »

Nash wrote:All blood is already red by default. :P NashGore does not ship with coloured (blue/green) blood. You must have a coloured blood mod loaded.
I know. I mean, if I play a mod like Colourful Hell that has a different blood colour for every tier of enemies, would it be possible for your mod to make all the blood red if the player doesn't want to look at rainbow-stained floors and walls? Now I manually edit some monster randomizers that have too much coloured blood, but it would be much more convenient if a gore mod could do it automatically. If you don't want to bother with this, maybe I could change a couple of lines in your mod myself? Not sure if it's that easy, though.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Nope, that's not possible. Run-time modification of any actor's blood color is not supported by the engine. You would have to edit Colorful Hell to remove the blood colors from all the monsters. This isn't even something my mod can do anything about.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”