Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

Post by Nash »

Rowsol wrote:
AL-97 wrote: Recently I've been playing the Faspons mod with Nash's Gore and noticed that Hell Knights, Barons and Cacodemons do not spawn any blood effects. You can get a bloody wall decal if you to shoot a monster in front of a wall, but they do not summon any flying blood effects regardless of whatever weapon you are to use on them. Is there any edit I can do to fix this?
Just comment out
BloodType "GreenHitBlood"
From the hellknight and the same line from the other actors.
No, there's no need to edit Fastpons. This is what the BLUDTYPE feature is for (it's been available to NashGore since the v0.9 beta!). Sad that I took the effort to implement this but it's not known. :'( It's written in the OP as well as on the Github page.

Anyway, what you do is create a file called BLUDTYPE.txt and list down the actor names whose blood types you want to override. In this case, you will write on each separate line, the name of the actors in Fastspons which have custom blood typed.

You can see the attachments on the first page on how to do this because I've uploaded a sample for Smooth Doom that fixes the same issue.
AL-97

Post by AL-97 »

Thank you for the explanation, Nash. My mistake not reading the OP properly.
De-M-oN

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Post by De-M-oN »

Nash wrote:[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/DTwfpn1.gif[/imgur]
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/Qf8OYit.gif[/imgur]

NashGore Did It First(tm)
Is this still a thing? Seems not to happen in my game.
ate0ate

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Post by ate0ate »

De-M-oN wrote: Is this still a thing? Seems not to happen in my game.
It was a feature in the github builds. Quite nice really. I keep hoping Nash opens the github repo back up myself as well. I have a copy I was lucky enough to have stuck in a folder but if I lose it, I cannot replace it:(
Nash

Post by Nash »

It will be in NashGore Vengeance v1.1 which was supposed to be released but I got busy with IRL crap. Patience. :)
ate0ate

Post by ate0ate »

Please, take all of the time that you need. Impatience was not what I meant to convey, just anticipation lol. You can't rush greatness:)
That bloodslide is a truly fun effect by the way. It makes certain things feel quite satisfying, like power punching pinkies in the Golden Souls 3 demo for example.
Donowa

Post by Donowa »

Suggestion: Add an option to force only flying gibs, a la quake
DrR0Ck
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by DrR0Ck »

I have what is hopefully not a too basic question. I would like to use the bludtype feature to allow this mod's gore to replace/override the blood from another mod, but I don't know how to determine the actor class names. Are you able to point me to where I need to look to determine this information? Specifically, I am using Beautiful Doom and want to amp up the gore. I have poked around in both the Smooth Doom mod for which you provide the example as well as in the Beautiful Doom mod, but I am not seeing anything that stands out as the needed info.

Thanks!
Nash

Post by Nash »

You'll have to open said mod files in SLADE or something and look for anything that 'replaces Blood' in general. Unfortunately there's no standardized way for this because different mod authors have different coding styles, resulting in the files you need to look for just being all over the place. It can be quite the hunt. :)

I am considering making a "community updated" BLUDTYPE project where the file is publicly editable and users can freely update it to cover as many popular mods as possible... I wonder if this is an idea people could jump on?
DrR0Ck

Post by DrR0Ck »

Thanks for the response. At least I don't feel to silly for not knowing how to find that info. This said, I seem to be at least getting some gore effects from Nash's Gore Mod without changing anything in BD. I'll see if I can do some digging into Slade, time permitting. I'm more of a player than a modder/mapper, so little to no experience with these tools - at least not since 20+ years ago when I took some stabs at map creation.

The community updated bludtype sounds like a really great idea. When/if I get a handle on Beautiful Doom, I'll post my findings.

Thanks!
sibullski

Post by sibullski »

DrR0Ck wrote:I have what is hopefully not a too basic question. I would like to use the bludtype feature to allow this mod's gore to replace/override the blood from another mod, but I don't know how to determine the actor class names. Are you able to point me to where I need to look to determine this information? Specifically, I am using Beautiful Doom and want to amp up the gore. I have poked around in both the Smooth Doom mod for which you provide the example as well as in the Beautiful Doom mod, but I am not seeing anything that stands out as the needed info.

Thanks!
I made a bludtype for beautiful doom a little while ago and I literally just copied everything I could from the files so I might have some things listed that I don't need but anywhere here you go.

BD_BloodyFootPrint
BD_Blood
BD_BloodPool
BD_SSGibControl
BD_GibBlood
BD_GibBloodPool
bdoom_blood
bdoom_gibs
bdoom_nobossgibs
bdoom_livegibs
AniBloodPool
TestBlood
DrR0Ck

Post by DrR0Ck »

sibullski wrote:
DrR0Ck wrote:I have what is hopefully not a too basic question. I would like to use the bludtype feature to allow this mod's gore to replace/override the blood from another mod, but I don't know how to determine the actor class names. Are you able to point me to where I need to look to determine this information? Specifically, I am using Beautiful Doom and want to amp up the gore. I have poked around in both the Smooth Doom mod for which you provide the example as well as in the Beautiful Doom mod, but I am not seeing anything that stands out as the needed info.

Thanks!
I made a bludtype for beautiful doom a little while ago and I literally just copied everything I could from the files so I might have some things listed that I don't need but anywhere here you go.

BD_BloodyFootPrint
BD_Blood
BD_BloodPool
BD_SSGibControl
BD_GibBlood
BD_GibBloodPool
bdoom_blood
bdoom_gibs
bdoom_nobossgibs
bdoom_livegibs
AniBloodPool
TestBlood
Thanks for posting this. Definitely works and if you were overinclusive, it does not appear to have any ill effects. I guess I'll have to learn Slade another time!
sibullski

Post by sibullski »

you're welcome
DrR0Ck

Post by DrR0Ck »

Two quick related questions:
1 - Has anyone set up cblood files for Heretic and/or Hexen?
2 - I noticed in the Beautiful Doom notes that Nash Muhandes is credited with a gzdoom function "CopyBloodColor()" that on its face seems to allow blood color to be copied in some fashion from the source sprite -if this is usable, why is the cblood file needed to define color, when the mod could leverage the CopyBloodColor() function?

Thanks!
Nash

Post by Nash »

DrR0Ck wrote:Two quick related questions:
1 - Has anyone set up cblood files for Heretic and/or Hexen?
2 - I noticed in the Beautiful Doom notes that Nash Muhandes is credited with a gzdoom function "CopyBloodColor()" that on its face seems to allow blood color to be copied in some fashion from the source sprite -if this is usable, why is the cblood file needed to define color, when the mod could leverage the CopyBloodColor() function?

Thanks!
CopyBloodColor was an engine feature I added which was meant to be used by NashGore and also a new version of CBlood but of course some other mod got to it first (I got busy with other projects that left me with little time to debut said engine features).

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”