Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ahpiox

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition [v0.9 Beta Release]

Post by Ahpiox »

Sorry, but there is a conflict of this mod with Nuke Town.
My mod have sprites named like "0001", "0002" etc, and Nashgore's TEXTURES file have this names too. Its mean all weapons, items etc will be missing, if you load it in wrong order.
Don't get me wrong (tautology at its finest), im not whinning here, and this problem is pretty avoidable, but still, for awareness.
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by R4L »

I'm late to the game here...

This mod is fantastic. Bolognese bogs my framerate down (currently playing through Alfonzone) but this is smooth all around. All hail the King. 8-)
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Nash in 2011, second page of the Brutal Doom thread:
... and thus Nashgore 3.0 is now made redundant and obsolete. :) At least I don't have to worry about releasing anything anymore from now on.
:laff:
Nash

Post by Nash »

TheMightyHeracross wrote:Nash in 2011, second page of the Brutal Doom thread:
... and thus Nashgore 3.0 is now made redundant and obsolete. :) At least I don't have to worry about releasing anything anymore from now on.
:laff:
LOL. That was still true until 4 days before the the first post in this thread was mode. :P NGM Vengeance was never planned, it was made literally randomly that day because I felt like it...
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Sometimes blood models spawn before they're flush with the ground (even if a floor check "prevents" them from spawning, you still see the model for a brief moment before it vanishes).
Nash

Post by Nash »

Thanks all of the reports so far. I took care of most of these, but I'm gonna do much more thorough testing before I release the next version. In the mean time, if there are any extremely game-breaking bugs, I will post band-aid solutions (like what I did for the "blood blocks elevators" bug).
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Another fan you've got here. Its replaced Universal Gibs for me, as the effects seem more consistant.

I was also going to report blocking corpses in Evilternity, but it seems your posted fix allieviates it fine.
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

Quick bug report: blood pools have collision turned on, and so they can block you from moving over them. This also allows you to... push the blood back into the body... per say.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Chloroxite wrote:Quick bug report: blood pools have collision turned on, and so they can block you from moving over them. This also allows you to... push the blood back into the body... per say.
Yes this is known. Here's a fix you can apply yourself in the mean time

m8f

Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

I absolutely love customization, and the tooltips in the menu are very fine touch!
These tooltips have a minor problem, though. Since they are displayed at the bottom of the screen, there will be problems if/when the menu becomes larger than one screen. Also tooltips' position gets weird on lower resolutions:
Spoiler:
There is a simple solution: put them on the top of the page, under the title. I tried this code, and I think it looks good on all resolutions.
Spoiler:
BerserkerNoir
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BerserkerNoir »

I absolutely love this.
I always liked multicolored blood, so I used Droplets and Universal Gibs, but my computer isnt really that good to handle to many Hi-Resolution Models on the floor.
This on the other hand runs flawlessly, I really doubt changing my choice of blood mod in a while.
affandede

Post by affandede »

This is the first blood mod I've been able to run on slaughtermaps. Nicely done messer.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Got a little cool treat for y'all. Ya boy just went mad hard with that optimization game. ;)

What do these numbers mean?! Well, it basically means that the CPU is now taking less time (waaaaaay less time) to process a blood actor. So you can spam the level with more blood effects without taking away too much CPU power. With an increased performance of up to 2125%; if the blood stuff were laggy before, they won't be as laggy anymore. If you have a strong computer, you can crank up the maximum amount of blood and gore waaay more now before you start to feel the CPU performance hit.

You'll finally be able to enjoy those slaughtermaps with minimal lag and maximum gore!

I'm stoked to release the next update, which also has lots of improvements in various areas and fixes to the various issues reported. Stay tuned!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Sounds great. Its already by far the best performing blood mod, so even more optimisation is fantastic and probably the work of wizardry few can hope to understand.
namsan

Post by namsan »

Wow this is epic.
I thought this mod is already optimized, but you made it even better!

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”