Billboarder (XY billboard patch for missiles & more)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Billboarder (XY billboard patch for missiles & more)

Postby Nash » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Billboarder is a simple, universal mod that makes missiles and some other effects-related Actors have XY billboarding. This is useful if you only want projectiles and effects to be XY billboarded, and not everything else in the world (monsters tend to look weird with globally forced XY billboarding, plus they gitch on 3D floors anyway).

I use this personally, figured some people might be interested, so here it is.

Suggestions and improvements welcome.
Attachments
Billboarder.pk3
(619 Bytes) Downloaded 106 times
Nash
Nash Muhandes

Re: Billboarder (XY billboard patch for missiles & more)

Postby sinaptica » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:37 pm

I like the idea.
I've quickly tested and the only weird thing I've found is when shooting with the RL all the way up to the zenith, the sprite missile sometimes shows the frontal view. Also, when shooting looking up while strafing, the missile almost instantly changes to the lateral view.
sinaptica

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches