Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Rayman The Hedgehog » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:30 am

Hi, I Remaked the Gloom Hud to doom. My Inspiration was the GloomDoom TC. So i put it for anyone wants to try it.

PD:Im new in this of the modding so suggestions are welcome

Spoiler:
Attachments
GloomHUD.pk3
(10.59 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
User avatar
Rayman The Hedgehog
Welcome to Vietnam Mr. SquidWard I hope you like the napalm
 
Joined: 25 Jul 2018

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Cherno » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:52 pm

Very good. Maybe I'll finally finish the GloomDoom TC, I have a few Hell levels that need converting and I have to write some custom attack code for the floating head enemies that pull the player towards it.
User avatar
Cherno
 
Joined: 06 Dec 2016

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Rayman The Hedgehog » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Cherno wrote:Very good. Maybe I'll finally finish the GloomDoom TC, I have a few Hell levels that need converting and I have to write some custom attack code for the floating head enemies that pull the player towards it.


Days ago i was Modifying you TC,adding the Gloom player Sprite with rotations, Menu & intermission music, and the Original Gun sprite maked with a TEXTURES lump, 1.8.6 and 2.1 support (Because i using android). So if you want i can send you my modded version.Let's see what you think
User avatar
Rayman The Hedgehog
Welcome to Vietnam Mr. SquidWard I hope you like the napalm
 
Joined: 25 Jul 2018

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Rayman The Hedgehog » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Rip the Original HUDBar was a pain in the ass
User avatar
Rayman The Hedgehog
Welcome to Vietnam Mr. SquidWard I hope you like the napalm
 
Joined: 25 Jul 2018

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Cherno » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Rayman The Hedgehog wrote:
Cherno wrote:Very good. Maybe I'll finally finish the GloomDoom TC, I have a few Hell levels that need converting and I have to write some custom attack code for the floating head enemies that pull the player towards it.


Days ago i was Modifying you TC,adding the Gloom player Sprite with rotations, Menu & intermission music, and the Original Gun sprite maked with a TEXTURES lump, 1.8.6 and 2.1 support (Because i using android). So if you want i can send you my modded version.Let's see what you think


Weird, the player sprite was already in the TC IIRC?!?
User avatar
Cherno
 
Joined: 06 Dec 2016

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Rayman The Hedgehog » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:20 am

Cherno wrote:Weird, the player sprite was already in the TC IIRC?!?


No, i added the Gloom player sprite in the TC
User avatar
Rayman The Hedgehog
Welcome to Vietnam Mr. SquidWard I hope you like the napalm
 
Joined: 25 Jul 2018

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Cherno » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Oh well, I actually added it in my internal updated version which I hadn't downloaded yet so I guess the work was for naught ;)
User avatar
Cherno
 
Joined: 06 Dec 2016

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Rayman The Hedgehog » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Cherno wrote:Oh well, I actually added it in my internal updated version which I hadn't downloaded yet so I guess the work was for naught ;)


I'm happy you did not leave your TC.
I thought you abandoned it, like That Alien breed 3D TC for GZdoom
User avatar
Rayman The Hedgehog
Welcome to Vietnam Mr. SquidWard I hope you like the napalm
 
Joined: 25 Jul 2018

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Cherno » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Converting those maps is just so tedious ;)
User avatar
Cherno
 
Joined: 06 Dec 2016

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Rayman The Hedgehog » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:44 pm

Cherno wrote:Converting those maps is just so tedious ;)

You are maked the maps for scratch or using a tool like map2wad?
I interesed in port the AGA Experience exclusive levels
User avatar
Rayman The Hedgehog
Welcome to Vietnam Mr. SquidWard I hope you like the napalm
 
Joined: 25 Jul 2018

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Kinsie » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:37 am

Cherno wrote:and I have to write some custom attack code for the floating head enemies that pull the player towards it.
Check out the LoreShot actor from Strife. It's a projectile that thrusts the victim towards the firing actor upon impact. It's used for a lot of "grappling hook" type weapons in mods.

Best of luck, I'm looking forward to playing the full version!

Rayman The Hedgehog wrote:1.8.6 and 2.1 support (Because i using android)
Grab Delta Touch for Android versions of newer builds of GZDoom.
User avatar
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: Gloom Classic & Deluxe HUD in Doom

Postby Cherno » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Rayman The Hedgehog wrote:
Cherno wrote:Converting those maps is just so tedious ;)

You are maked the maps for scratch or using a tool like map2wad?
I interesed in port the AGA Experience exclusive levels


So far, I used the WinUAE Amiga emulator to load the Gloom map editor which lets me view the maps from above, from this I recreate the basic layout of the walls and doors of the level in GZDoomBuilder. Then I start another instance of WinUAE and play the map in Gloom step by step while assigning the correct wall textures, enemy placements, triggers, switches etc. in GZDoomBuilder.
User avatar
Cherno
 
Joined: 06 Dec 2016


Return to Graphic/Audio Patches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cherno and 3 guests