Mod replacing Doom 2 OG textures with Duke Nukem 3D

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: Mod replacing Doom 2 OG textures with Duke Nukem 3D

Post by Nash »

It blows my mind how simply swapping out art assets (textures, sprites) AKA reskinning existing stuff like this can drastically change the vibe of something I thought I'd have already gotten sick of... =P
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

Thank you all for all the feedback!
I started this mod just as an experiment, and slowly I've been adding more and more textures into it.

I did make one mistake - my primary textures resource folder was not entirely complete - many Duke textures were missing, but I was already so far into 'completing' it.

The way I did it was to create a zip file, load Doom2.wad in gzDoom Builder and edit the textures one by one. Doom has many smaller sized textures, so most of the editing I did was to just resize it, and sometimes I have added a light or two extra, just like in original Doom textures.

I know this could be much more polished! Maybe I'll pick it back up one day. It's nowhere near perfect, but it's very fun to play nonetheless. Textures are working quite well also in OBLIGE-generated maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igoUJ2FWtZE - here is a sample gameplay with OBLIGE-generated level.
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

Is there a single map that uses most, if not all default doom textures?
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Can we get a new download link? Zippy no longer exists.
VitSm

Post by VitSm »

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”