Doom 64 Retribution PBR Materials : Vaseline Edition

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mynameislol

Re: Doom 64 Retribution PBR Materials : Vaseline Edition

Post by Mynameislol »

The PSX textures are pretty much just the original textures, but different lightning. Anyway, the reason the automatic generation worked so well here is because the textures aren't very complicated, while the original doom's textures are. Me, & arl from doomworld are currently working on making PBR materials manually for all doom games.

Unfortuently, he's very busy, and i'm not very good, but i AM making PBR materials, as nobody else is doing it, but it will take months, if not YEARS for me to finish all textures, there's about 1500 textures & patches that need to be made, and PBR materials are 4 textures per material. That's 6000 textures. Here's a link to the doomworld thread

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... -textures/

Everyone is welcome to contribute, but so far nobody seems to be interested. Anyone reading this, If you are interested in helping, please send a PM.
sylandro

Post by sylandro »

Mynameislol wrote:
Valken wrote:Both look great actually... Can you share your processing method? I want to try it on the Doom 3 texture pack from D4T!!!
I used a program called ShaderMap4, and played with it, and was able to batch process the textures. It requried ALOT of manual renaming

Can you share your settings? I've downloaded the program and it's pretty cool, but I don't know exactly what I'm doing... for example I don't know how to generate the roughness and metallic maps.
Mynameislol

Post by Mynameislol »

I didn't generate metallic & roughness maps, i generated heightmaps and played with them until they somewhat resembled metallic & toughness maps
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Ahh! That explains a lot. I've been messing with the program too. I haven't come up with anything useful yet though.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

So, I got one concept here I wanna know about. What is this enhancement to Doom 64, and can it do adaptable lighting stuff automatically and look cool doing it?
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

I like this mod! :mrgreen:

Maybe host it on ModDB.
hoover1979

Post by hoover1979 »

I just had a go at your mod and the PBR only shows up in a very small amount of areas as well as showing up when I fire my weapon. Is there a file to get that has dynamic lights for Doom 64 Retribution to show these PBR textures off. The brightmaps file you hosted on Zippyshare is no longer on their server. if that file includes dynamic lights, can you reupload it?
KingaAss
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KingaAss »

Is it possible for someone to tell me if that HUD is a combination of ZION's and some other? Or I can actually download it. Damn it, I really like the PBR on this game.
Mynameislol

Post by Mynameislol »

hoover1979 wrote:I just had a go at your mod and the PBR only shows up in a very small amount of areas as well as showing up when I fire my weapon. Is there a file to get that has dynamic lights for Doom 64 Retribution to show these PBR textures off. The brightmaps file you hosted on Zippyshare is no longer on their server. if that file includes dynamic lights, can you reupload it?
Sorry, no dynamic lights, and i'm sorry, i've lost the brightmap files. I'll let you know if i find them.
KingaAss wrote:Is it possible for someone to tell me if that HUD is a combination of ZION's and some other? Or I can actually download it. Damn it, I really like the PBR on this game.
The download for the PBR is still there, but the brightmaps are lost, i'm afraid.
AL-97

Post by AL-97 »

I still have the brightmaps. Here's the link:
https://gofile.io/?c=8JbthL
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Would've been nice if you added the liquid textures to this
DefectiveByDesign
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by DefectiveByDesign »

Does this work with brutal doom 64? The atmosphere and lighting is much better in that mod. That said, I prefer version 1b for having the least nonsense, as brutal doom mods seem to get progressively annoying with version updates.
BerserkerNoir

Post by BerserkerNoir »

Does anyone still have the brightmaps?
All the links are down.
VitSm

Post by VitSm »

BerserkerNoir wrote:Does anyone still have the brightmaps?
All the links are down.
Attachments
doom64Brightmaps.7z
(208.31 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”