Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated May 18, 2022]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated February 19, 2022]

Postby Dudweiser » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:08 pm

The text for kills etc on my screen is microscopic for the resolution/scaling settings I am using, anything I can do to rectify this? (Level info mod)
Dudweiser

Postby Tekish » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:15 pm

LevelInfo, PlayerInfo and AmmoInfo all change size with the scaling settings provided in the GZDoom options. To get there, go to HUD Settings, then Scaling Options. Inside there are two options you can use. The user interface scale will change the size (as well as all HUD elements) so long as the messages override below is set to the default. If it's not, then you can change only the text size using that messages override.
Tekish

Postby Dudweiser » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:56 pm

Tekish wrote:LevelInfo, PlayerInfo and AmmoInfo all change size with the scaling settings provided in the GZDoom options. To get there, go to HUD Settings, then Scaling Options. Inside there are two options you can use. The user interface scale will change the size (as well as all HUD elements) so long as the messages override below is set to the default. If it's not, then you can change only the text size using that messages override.

Yeah I tried this already but this makes all the other text on screen go so big I can barely see the screen lol. Ive mnaged to change the font to a bigger font which worked, however the kills text and numbers now overlap :(
Dudweiser

Postby Tekish » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:19 pm

Could you make a screenshot of what this looks like? The text should scale at pretty much the same size as pickup messages. As for the font issue, the add-ons use customized fonts for spacing and positioning - just plugging in a random one will have all kinds of visual problems like the one you're experiencing.
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated March 12, 2022]

Postby D4N5T3P » Mon May 16, 2022 7:15 pm

Hi! I'm loving the levelinfo addon a lot! But I was wondering, is there a way to make it so that it didn't show items? I'd like to see just kills and secrets
D4N5T3P

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated May 18, 2022]

Postby Tekish » Wed May 18, 2022 9:19 am

I wasn't planning on adding any new options, but this is an easy change and could be useful for those who don't care about item pickups. It's available as a toggle in the latest version of LevelInfo.
Tekish

Postby D4N5T3P » Sat May 21, 2022 5:06 pm

Nice! Thanks a lot!
D4N5T3P

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Delfino Furioso » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:00 am

Hi! I'm working on a tweaked version of this hud:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2474092

I'd like to integrate your LevelInfo component into it.
Would this be ok with you? Even if I were to share it publicly?

I'd give proper credits to you, of course!
Delfino Furioso

Postby Tekish » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:25 pm

Sure thing - feel free to use it however you want.
Tekish

Postby Delfino Furioso » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:39 am

thank you!

I've published the end result here
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2474092
Delfino Furioso

Previous

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches