Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated February 3, 2024]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Re: Simple UI Add-ons [Updated January 22, 2019]

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

I tried the "-noautoload" parameter, and loaded simpleuiaddons.pk3 on its own, and it's still giving me the same errors; it doesn't matter what combination of mods I have loaded. it simply refuses to run at all...

I can't get information on what the errors are unfortunately, though I know there are three when it comes to DECORATE scripts...
Tekish

Re: Simple UI Add-ons [Updated January 22, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

It seems I uploaded an older (and straight up broken) copy of CrosshairHP. I just updated it and all-in-one package with a version that isn't busted.
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [New Hit Markers - April 10, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

I've updated this with a new add-on: Call of Duty-style hit markers. It also includes a bunch of hit/kill sounds that can be used in tandem or by themselves if you so desire (the hit marker visuals can be disabled). Other minor tweaks have been made to all of the other add-ons, and the name of this project has been changed to something that more accurately describes what it is.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

These are some really neat little add ons. I like 'em. :)

I have noticed a minor issue (which may have been mentioned already). When playing Doom with developer messages active, both ammo info and level info print the following errors to the console (and screen):

Code: Select all

ACS: 'IsNOTTacticalClass': Unknown actor class.
ACS: 'Stamina': Unknown actor class.
ACS: 'FirstTimeShotgunning': Unknown actor class.
ACS: 'IsNOTTacticalClass': Unknown actor class.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

Thanks. And yeah, I've seen these messages when developer mode is on. It happens because (for mod detection purposes) the add-ons check if those inventory items exist. When they don't, those errors appear. I don't think there's a way to stop it from happening short of removing that code, unfortunately.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [New Hit Markers - April 11, 2019]

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

I managed to convert the majority of the sounds present in the AIO package into .OGG format. This change provided around a ~66% decrease in file-size.

Link to the appropriate Mediafire download is right here. Keep in mind that this package contains just the sounds.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/k5552v92 ... G.pk3/file
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [New Hit Markers - April 13, 2019]

Post by Agitatio »

Any chance to have "percentages only" mode for LevelInfo kills/items/secrets?
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated May 22, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

Added in the latest version.
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

Much appreciated!
foashes

Post by foashes »

I really like the level info, and have been using it for a while. I'd like to mod it so that it uses the default Doom menu font (the red one). How would I go about doing this? I looked through the files and looked through the levelinfo.acs source file, and think I have an idea of what I might do. However, I have no experience with making mods, so I don't know what the name of the Doom menu font file is, or how I'd compile the source to be usable (I think I'd have to do that) after changing the font.
I may be completely off the mark though, as I've never done this before!
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

You could change SetFont in leveinfo.acs to one of the existing ZDoom fonts and then recompile the script, but this would introduce problems. AmmoInfo and LevelInfo both rely on the included font for proper positioning, spacing, and alignment. For it to be replaced, the new font would need to have all fixed-width characters. The back quote (`) must also be transparent. If this criteria isn't met, there will be significant display issues, especially with more customized configurations.

The proper way to do this would be to replace the ailifont.fon2 file with one that meets these requirements. This means you'd need to use something like ImageTool to assist in making your own custom font. If you have image editing skills, this isn't too complicated, and you can use one of fonts in this thread as a base (like I did). A variety of Doom fonts are available there.
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

Hate to ask for another addition so soon but it just stuck in my head. And option to choose the order of stat name and the stat itself. For both ammo and level info. Like you can do with reserve ammo in alternative hud. "Name/Stat" or "Stat/Name".
Hope I explained it well.

Edit: Oh, also! When you have only percentages on and no map time, the kill percent gets misaligned if one of the other two stats has more than one digit compared to kills.
Screenshot_Doom_20190527_222609.png
Screenshot_Doom_20190527_222609.png (5.58 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
Edit: Another one. Is it possible to force ammo/level info to show up in automap?
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated May 27, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

I've changed the code relating to the percentages only setting, which should fix that bug with alignment. I also added a toggle to AmmoInfo and LevelInfo to display on the automap.

As for your other suggestion, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on that one, at least for now. The code for LevelInfo is getting messier with each new addition, as it wasn't originally designed for a lot this stuff. For me to swap those "columns" around, it actually requires a significant change to the algorithm that handles all of the positioning and spacing. It's work that I don't really want to do at the moment. Perhaps in the future if I get around to rewriting this thing, I can implement it then.
40KN

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated May 27, 2019]

Post by 40KN »

Thank you for the add-ons. Is it possible to change the size of the hitmarker?
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated May 29, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

This was already in the works, but this seemed like a good a time as any to finish and release it. You can now select between small, standard, and large sizes for the hit/kill markers.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”