Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated February 3, 2024]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
40KN

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated May 29, 2019]

Post by 40KN »

Tekish wrote:This was already in the works, but this seemed like a good a time as any to finish and release it. You can now select between small, standard, and large sizes for the hit/kill markers.
Thanks for the quick reply, the change looks great. One small bug to report: there are two identical entries for the Show Hit Marker toggle under General Options.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

Thanks, fixed.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Any plans for Precise Crosshair support?
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

It's a cool mod, but I don't have any plans to modify CrosshairHP/HitMarkers to work with it at the moment.
site
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by site »

Thanks for levelinfo. Just a small thing but it's super handy!
JuroZrno

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated June 5, 2019]

Post by JuroZrno »

How do I make this add-on work with Brutal Doom?I really like this add-on but it's not that nice to have it in the orginal Doom.Any advice?
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

You would load the relevant PK3(s) the same way you would for any mod in GZDoom. You can drag and drop, use the command line, use the INI for autoload purposes, or use one of the variety of launcher applications that streamline the process for you.
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

Whenever I kill bunch of enemies with an Explosive Weapon I see and hear lots Hit Markers , can you add a option to disable multiple Hit Markers for when killing a bunch of enemies at once please ?
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

I specifically designed HitMarkers so it doesn't overlap sounds/effects - it can only activate once per tick, and it uses 2 sound channels (one for hits, one for kills). Multiple hits/kills in succession will overwrite the existing visual/audio for each. If you're playing with a mod that spams damage quickly, it's possible to get a lot in a row - but that's the intended behavior. If it becomes too overbearing there are numerous options that you can adjust to reduce the audio-visual feedback.
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

Is there a way to disable Hit and Kill Markers for when firing or destroying Explosive Barrels ?

It would be nice to have a cvar/option to Enable or Disable that
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

In standard Doom and the majority of mods I've tested HitMarkers with, this doesn't happen. Hit/Kill markers will only trigger when an explosive barrel you shoot damages or kills other enemies. A few mods (incorrectly) change the properties of explosive barrels so this is no longer the case, and in those circumstances there's not much I can do. It's up to the mod makers to fix that sort of thing.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Can we get a simple enemy health bar add-on?
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

I'm not sure I know exactly what you're asking for. If CrosshairHP isn't it, then perhaps Top HP Bars is?
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Oh wow, I missed that one. I don't use crosshairs so I stopped reading before the HP part oops :P Well nevermind then all good.
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated July 30, 2019]

Post by Tekish »

For those interested, CrosshairHP has been updated with a few minor features. You can now show/hide visibility when targeting hidden enemies like Spectres. New vertical positioning presets have been added for those who can't be bothered messing with the X/Y coordinate system. And for those who do, that now goes up to 4K resolution.

Please note that with this version you'll have to toggle the position preset to "Custom" to use your previous positioning settings.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”