Flare Light mini-addon (v1.0) [Standard + Soft version]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Flare Light mini-addon (v1.0) [Standard + Soft version]

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Do you feel scared of those damn, dark zones in certain maps? Are you fed up of Infrared/Torches scarcity when you need them more than ever? Don't you have even enough money to buy batteries for your flashlight?

No problem! With help of this small addon you'll start immediately your doomish adventures with a new item: the Flare Light! You can use it at any time you want, to illuminate partially your way through all those sinister levels that are darker than a cockroach's armpit. Each time you turn it on, a medium-range spotlight will surround you and it will allow to see some cornered monsters on darkness, or avoiding to fall into hard-to-see deep pits. And the best thing of all; it is inexhaustible and can be used without time limits! (Default toggle key is 'L', but you can change it GZDoom's Customize Controls menu).

NOTE: this addon is in fact, a heavy modification of the original file from The Zombie Killer's Beam Flashlight, fully customized to simulate a flickering flare or torch. And the same way, it is universal and can be used with almost any game! (Tested it successfully with Doom, FreeDoom and Heretic, so it should work also with Hexen, Strife and many more, with extra mods or not!)

Hope you enjoy it... Cheerio, have fun! 8-)
Attachments
FlareLight_Soft_v1.0.zip
(8.62 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
FlareLight_v1.0.zip
(8.62 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Last edited by Hexereticdoom on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Re: Flare Light mini-addon (v1.0)

Post by m8f »

Cool! ... I mean, hot!
Pretty realistic torch mod.
May I suggest reducing flickering intensity? Now it is a bit difficult for the eyes.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Flare Light mini-addon (v1.0) [Standard + Soft version]

Post by Hexereticdoom »

m8f wrote:Cool! ... I mean, hot!
Pretty realistic torch mod.
May I suggest reducing flickering intensity? Now it is a bit difficult for the eyes.
Glad you like it! :wink:

By the way, I have added at first post an alternate version of the mini-addon (Soft version) which gives a less accentuated flicker-effect to flare light, so your eyes will be quite grateful... Please try it! :trippy:

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”