Gamma Tool 2

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Gamma Tool 2

Post by Pixel Eater »

GammaTool2.pk3
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Adds a new menu which controls Gamma in a more intuitive way. You set your system's gamma, eg 2.2, with slider one and then a target gamma with slider two, say 2.7.
Now there's an anti-crush slider which restores the darker levels to their natural gamma.

Here's the April Fool's version :wink:
GammaFool.pk3
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Last edited by Pixel Eater on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pixel Eater

Re: Gamma Fool

Post by Pixel Eater »

April Fool's Day is about to end, so before the foolery is bounced back onto me, here is the real version :lol:
Pixel Eater

Re: Gamma Fool

Post by Pixel Eater »

Anyone who wants to try this, I am fairly convinced ID Software's monitors were a gamma of 2.7, even up until Quake. Try setting the target gamma to that and if it seems too dark, crank the backlight* on your screen B-)

*Edit: I take it back, it's not enough! I've added an 'Anti-crush' slider to lighten things back up without destroying the added weight.
I plan on merging this into ScreeM when I overhaul it, so when I do this thread will go zappo.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”